NY Yankees vs Boston Red Sox rivalry

Old January 26th, 2007, 03:06 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

Default NY Yankees vs Boston Red Sox rivalry

In Boston, they just announced tickets for next year's Red Sox games go
on sale this weekend- except for versus NYY. They are having a lottery
for those. So if you had planned on buying tickets, forget it. But it
made me think of this story I got emailed to me a while ago: ... ( For
those NOT familiar with this rivalry, substitute your teams )

One foggy night, a Yankees fan was heading north from New York and a Red
Sox fan was driving south from Boston . While crossing a narrow bridge,
they hit each other head-on, mangling both cars.

The Red Sox fan manages to climb out of his car and survey the damage.

He looks at his twisted car and says, "Man, I'm lucky to be alive!"
Likewise, the Yankees fan gets out of his car uninjured, he too feeling
fortunate to have survived.

The Yankees fan is still wearing his hat too, walks over to the Red Sox
fan and says, "Hey, man, I think this is a sign that we should put away
our petty differences and live as friends instead of being rivals."

The Red Sox fan thinks for a moment and says, "You know, you're
absolutely right! We should be friends. In fact, I'm going to see if
something else survived the wreck."

The Red Sox fan then pops open his trunk and removes an unopened,
undamaged bottle of Jack Daniel's. He says to the Yankee fan, "I think
this is another sign we should toast to our newfound friendship." The
Yankee fan agrees and grabs the bottle. After sucking down half of the
bottle, he hands it back to the Red Sox fan and says, "Your turn!"

The Red Sox fan calmly twists the cap back on the bottle, throws the
rest of the bottle over the bridge into the river and says, "Nah, I
think I'll just wait for the cops to show up."