viewing occupied seats on a continental airlines flight?

Old February 27th, 2007, 06:08 PM posted to rec.travel.air
yawnmoth

Default viewing occupied seats on a continental airlines flight?

When you go to continental's website to buy tickets, you can chose
your seat and in that way see which seats are occupied.
Unfortunately, it seems that the only way one can actually view this
information is to go through the motions of purchasing a ticket. Is
that correct or is there another way that I'm just missing?

Old February 27th, 2007, 06:11 PM posted to rec.travel.air
silvercelt

On 27 Feb, 18:08, "yawnmoth" wrote:
When you go to continental's website to buy tickets, you can chose
your seat and in that way see which seats are occupied.
Unfortunately, it seems that the only way one can actually view this
information is to go through the motions of purchasing a ticket. Is
that correct or is there another way that I'm just missing?

Couldn;t you start the process of gettng the ticket till you see the
screen you wish, then cancel if you wish?

Old February 27th, 2007, 06:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air
yawnmoth

On Feb 27, 12:11 pm, "silvercelt" wrote:
On 27 Feb, 18:08, "yawnmoth" wrote:

When you go to continental's website to buy tickets, you can chose
your seat and in that way see which seats are occupied.
Unfortunately, it seems that the only way one can actually view this
information is to go through the motions of purchasing a ticket. Is
that correct or is there another way that I'm just missing?

Couldn;t you start the process of gettng the ticket till you see the
screen you wish, then cancel if you wish?

I could, but that's a multi-step process. I'd prefer to just hit F5
to refresh the page instead of having to go through the process all
over again when the session's expired.

Old February 27th, 2007, 06:27 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

yawnmoth wrote:

When you go to continental's website to buy tickets, you can chose
your seat and in that way see which seats are occupied.
Unfortunately, it seems that the only way one can actually view this
information is to go through the motions of purchasing a ticket. Is
that correct or is there another way that I'm just missing?

Are you kidding?
While looking at the available flights, during the booking process, on
the right side, you should see something like:

Flight: CO1699
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Fare Class: Economy (B)
Meal: Snack
No Special Meal Offered.
View Seats (this is blue on my browser and brings up the seat map
when selected)
Old February 27th, 2007, 06:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt wrote:

yawnmoth wrote:

When you go to continental's website to buy tickets, you can chose
your seat and in that way see which seats are occupied.
Unfortunately, it seems that the only way one can actually view this
information is to go through the motions of purchasing a ticket. Is
that correct or is there another way that I'm just missing?

Are you kidding?
While looking at the available flights, during the booking process, on
the right side, you should see something like:

Flight: CO1699
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Fare Class: Economy (B)
Meal: Snack
No Special Meal Offered.
View Seats (this is blue on my browser and brings up the seat map
when selected)

To clarify. I searched for a city pair in the reservations area, and see
all of the flights and they have the "View Seats" option
Old February 27th, 2007, 07:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air
yawnmoth

On Feb 27, 12:27 pm, Mike Hunt postmaster@localhost wrote:
yawnmothwrote:
When you go to continental's website to buy tickets, you can chose
your seat and in that way see which seats are occupied.
Unfortunately, it seems that the only way one can actually view this
information is to go through the motions of purchasing a ticket. Is
that correct or is there another way that I'm just missing?

Are you kidding?
While looking at the available flights, during the booking process, on
the right side, you should see something like:

Again, that's a multi-step process. I have to fill out the To, From,
and Depart Date fields, first. I then have to wait for it to search
and then I have to find it from the list it presents me with.

Yes, it's a process I can do manually easily enough, however, I would
prefer it if it could be easier. And don't underestimate the
worthwhileness of ease of use. Why do you think DHCP was invented,
after all?

Old February 27th, 2007, 07:43 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

yawnmothwrote:

[...]

I don't see what DHCP has to do with it, although I have been involved
in the development of it over time.

Without to, from, and a departure date, how would you like to be able to
look at seats for flights? You weren't really clear in what you are
looking for. Your post seemed to indicate you wanted to looks at seats
on flights without going through the booking process. I assume that
meant you wanted to not have to actually reserve a flight to see the
seats, and you don't.