10 Things Airlines Would Rather Not Publicize

Old April 19th, 2008, 02:37 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Robert Cohen

Default 10 Things Airlines Would Rather Not Publicize

Does anybody else recall a steerage parody ad by...Republic or
Southern or ?

It was so humorous that I think about it especially when I see knocks
like these:

http://money.aol.com/article/smart-m...4x120 0007792
Old April 19th, 2008, 11:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff[_16_]

That was a Southern Airways commercial in the late 1970's or early 1980's,
before they merged with North Central.

Old April 21st, 2008, 11:58 AM posted to rec.travel.air
TEP

"Robert Cohen" wrote in message
Does anybody else recall a steerage parody ad by...Republic or
Southern or ?

Bob,

Possibly is this the ad you were thinking about?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6cWaSOfGL5w

Tom

Old April 21st, 2008, 07:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff[_16_]

"TEP" wrote in message
. ..

"Robert Cohen" wrote in message
Does anybody else recall a steerage parody ad by...Republic or
Southern or ?

Bob,

Possibly is this the ad you were thinking about?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6cWaSOfGL5w

Tom

That's got to be one of the best airline commercials of all time.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 03:27 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Robert Cohen

On Apr 21, 2:18*pm, "Jeff" wrote:
"TEP" wrote in message

. ..

"Robert Cohen" wrote in message
Does anybody else recall a steerage parody ad by...Republic or
Southern or ?

Bob,

Possibly is this the ad you were thinking about?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6cWaSOfGL5w

Tom

That's got to be one of the best airline commercials of all time.

That's it. It's a classic. I dunno the director's name. Robert
Altman ?

The voice over announcer (I think) was an Atlanta actor named "Stuart
Culpepper."

I recognize his memorable voice because he did plenty of commercials a
la

"This is Stuart Culpepper for Geogia Power" etal