Connection time BOS CDG VNO question

Old April 23rd, 2008, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Connection time BOS CDG VNO question

Hi,

I'm looking at booking two flights:
The first is a NW ff award flight which would put me on an Air
France BOS-CDG /
Then onward CDG/VNO Vilnius, Lithuania on flyLAL.
The BOS/CDG arrival is 11:50.
The CDG/VNO flight departs at 14:10
I think the two terminals involved are 2E and 2B

My question is: Will I be able to clear customs, collect luggage,
transfer between terminals, and check in at the CDG/VNO flight ?
There is the possibility of having carryon luggage only, although
while AirFrance says you have a 12 kg limit for the bag, flyLAL on
their web site says 9 kg and "a women;s purse" without specifying if
shoulder bag /laptop bag (fitting under seat is okay). So, one option
might be to have carryon only for the BOS/CDG leg and check the bags
for the CDG/VNO leg.

Also: any general flyLAL (Lithuanian airlines with a 737 fleet)
experiences to report ?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Cedric
Old April 24th, 2008, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff[_16_]

wrote in message

Hi,

I'm looking at booking two flights:
The first is a NW ff award flight which would put me on an Air
France BOS-CDG /
Then onward CDG/VNO Vilnius, Lithuania on flyLAL.
The BOS/CDG arrival is 11:50.
The CDG/VNO flight departs at 14:10
I think the two terminals involved are 2E and 2B

My question is: Will I be able to clear customs, collect luggage,
transfer between terminals, and check in at the CDG/VNO flight ?
There is the possibility of having carryon luggage only, although
while AirFrance says you have a 12 kg limit for the bag, flyLAL on
their web site says 9 kg and "a women;s purse" without specifying if
shoulder bag /laptop bag (fitting under seat is okay). So, one option
might be to have carryon only for the BOS/CDG leg and check the bags
for the CDG/VNO leg.

Why not see if you can check your bags through. NW/AF will interline
baggage with Lithuanian. Just verify that you have the PNR record locator
numbers so you can prove your connection is valid. And you then can take
the airport connector bus from 2E to 2B without clearing customs, or you can
walk between the two terminals in about 5 minutes - I've done it from AF to
Ukraine International without difficulty.

Jeff

Old April 25th, 2008, 05:59 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jason Fisher

If everything goes ok then you should just make it. I would take hand
luggage only though if you cant check it through.

If you want to play safe, you could route through AMS and take the evening
flight from there on flylal. This gives you an 8 hour layover.

Old April 26th, 2008, 06:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air
valtsu[_2_]

"Jeff" wrote in message

wrote in message

[...]

Pls note that France and Lithuania are both Schengen countries, Ukraine
is not. Therefore, immigration formalities and customs at least for hand
baggage has to be done in Paris.