The Only Bipartisanship Is The Opposition: Democrats Say The Bill “Dramatically” Cuts Medicare, Will “Increase The Deficit,” Has “Explosive Costs,” “Skyrocketing Premiums,” And “Raising Taxes”

Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:19 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
O'Donovan, PJ, Himself

Default The Only Bipartisanship Is The Opposition: Democrats Say The Bill “Dramatically” Cuts Medicare, Will “Increase The Deficit,” Has “Explosive Costs,” “Skyrocketing Premiums,” And “Raising Taxes”

The Only Bipartisanship Is The Opposition: Democrats Say The Bill
“Dramatically” Cuts Medicare, Will “Increase The Deficit,” Has
“Explosive Costs,” “Skyrocketing Premiums,” And “Raising Taxes”

CUTS MEDICARE

REP. LARRY KISSELL (D-NC): "I Made A Promise And Commitment That I
Would Look Out For Medicare, And I'm Doing That…The Method Of Funding
Makes It Impossible For Me To Change My Vote On That Bill." (“Kissell
Faces Pressure On Health Care,” Charlotte Observer, 03/03/10)

REP. JASON ALTMIRE (D-PA): "Particularly Hard Hit Would Be Western
Pennsylvania’s Medicare Beneficiaries, Which Many Experts Believe
Would Experience Dramatic Premium Increases With Enactment Of This
Bill.” (Rep. Jason Altmire, Statement, 3/19/10)

INCREASES THE DEFICIT

REP. FRANK KRATOVIL (D-MD): “The bill’s overall price tag of $1.07
trillion is above the target set by democratic leadership earlier in
the debate, even after cutting the $208 billion “doctor fix” out from
previous versions of reform legislation. When this additional cost is
added to this bill, the congressional budget office has stated that
the package would increase deficit by $59 billion in the next 10
years.” (“Kratovil: “No On Health Care,” Baltimore Sun, 03/21/10)

REP. CHET EDWARDS (D-TX): “At a time of massive federal deficits, I
believe these bills could make those deficits worse.” (Rep. Chet
Edwards, Statement, 3/10)

REP. TRAVIS CHILDERS (D-MS): “I have reviewed the bill and I remain
deeply concerned about the legislation’s large price tag and the
absence of sufficiently strong language to prohibit federal funding of
abortion. (Rep. Travis Childers, Statement, 3/18/10)

REP. ARTUR DAVIS (D-AL): “[A] comprehensive, 2000 page, near one
trillion dollar overhaul of the healthcare system is just too
cumbersome and too costly in a time of trillion dollar
deficits.” (Rep. Artur Davis, Statement, 3/11/10)

EXPLOSIVE COSTS

REP. MICHAEL ARCURI (D-NY): “The health care package expected to be
voted on in the coming days doesn't do enough to keep health care
costs in check.” (Rep. Michael Arcuri, Statement, 3/18/10)

REP. JOHN BARROW (D-GA): “It puts too much of the burden of paying for
it on working folks who are already being overcharged, and that’s not
fair.”(Rep. John Barrow, Statement, 3/10)

REP. JOHN ADLER (D- NJ): “The final health care reform bill does not
do enough to make health care affordable for middle-class families,
small businesses, seniors and taxpayers.” (Rep. John Adler, Statement,
3/19/10)

REP. BOBBY BRIGHT (D-AL): “I simply believe we cannot afford the
massive cost associated with these proposals, especially while our
fragile economy continues to recover.” (Rep. Bobby Bright, Statement,
3/02/10)

REP. JIM MARSHALL (D-GA): “People are very concerned about cost; I’m
concerned about cost. If you just do more of the same, which is
largely what this does, more third party pay, that’s basically what
the problem is here, then you’re going to get continued explosive
costs.” (“Blue Dog Democrat says Obama health-care plan will bankrupt
country,” The Daily Caller, 03/05/10)

REP. WALT MINNICK (D-ID): "I appreciate the thoughts of thousands of
Idahoans on both sides of this issue. Although I plan to vote against
the bill tomorrow due to serious concerns about costs, I sincerely
hope that we can soon come together as a nation on the other important
issues of the day." (“Idaho representatives ready for health care
reform vote,” Idaho News Channel 7, 03/20/10)

REP. JOHN TANNER (D-TN): “I am unconvinced that the long-term trend of
rising health care costs is adequately addressed and am therefore
unable to support the legislation.” (Rep. John Tanner, Statement,
3/21/10)

REP. GLENN NYE (D-VA): “I am not convinced it will effectively reduce
the cost of health care for families and small businesses.” (First-
term Democrat Nye voting against health care bill,” Virginian Pilot,
03/21/10)

SKYROCKETING PREMIUMS

REP. MIKE McINTYRE (D-NC): “Health care reform is needed, but the bill
before us is too expensive, does not adequately address rising medical
costs and skyrocketing insurance premiums, and tries to do too much
too soon. (Press Release, 03/19/10)

REP. JIM MATHESON (D-UT): “I am saddened that the year-long debate on
health reform has resulted in legislation that is too expensive,
contains too many special deals, does not contain health care costs
and will result in increases in health insurance premiums and
therefore I will vote against the legislation.” (Press Release,
03/20/10)

RAISES TAXES

REP. DAN BOREN (D-OK): “[T]here is no chance I am voting for this bill
because it raises taxes on businesses, creates job-killing mandates,
grows the size of government, and cuts services to seniors.” (Rep. Dan
Boren, Statement, 2/24/10)

REP. ZACK SPACE (D-OH): "They are opening the door to taxing employee
benefits as income, which is going to create, I don’t care how you
slice it, a hardship for middle class families that they can’t afford
to endure right now." (“Rep. Zack Space to vote against health care
bill,” Cleveland Plain Dealer, 03/20/10)
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:10 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
GLOBALIST

On Mar 22, 6:19*am, "O'Donovan, PJ, Himself"
wrote:
[...]

Too Little ...Too Late
I could have predicted this crap would be coming...when all gawdamned
summer the PARTY OF NO refused to participate in debate and just
chanted their determination to sabatoge the Health Care Bill and
destroy our President. Twice the President had 2 long private
sessions with the Republican Congressmen, which resulted in them NOT
offering alternatives but saying..."Hey let's scrap the whole thing
and start all over and do it our way." (after a whole year of hard
work done by the Democrats and some same Republicans.)
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:56 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe,soc.retirement
Tis Odonovan, Himself

On Mar 22, 7:19*am, "O'Donovan, PJ, Himself"
wrote:
[...]

Congress health care vote: a dark day for freedom in America

Mon Mar 22 2010 11:41:09 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) ·

The London Telegraph ^ | March 22, 2010 | Nile Gardiner

"The passage last night of Barack Obama’s health care reform bill
through the House of Representatives is yet another blow to freedom in
America inflicted by the Obama administration. The legislation, which
comes at a staggering cost of $940 billion, will hugely add to the
already towering national debt, now at over $12 trillion. It is yet
another millstone round the necks of the American people, already
faced with the highest levels of unemployment in a generation. It is
also a great leap forward by the United States towards a European-
style vision of universal health care, which will only lead.."