Going to Wal-Mart while in Port

Old March 27th, 2005, 03:39 PM
E.k.R.

"Karen Segboer" wrote in message Maybe I'll
just skip that curiosity trip. I've heard enough.

Karen

Karen,
Believe me, you are missing nothing. The place is a filthy hole and I can't
understand it's popularity (then again I can't understand the popularity of
a lot of things in this country). I'm not against discount shopping, in
fact I shop at Target all the time and I love it. The difference is that
Target is clean, well lit, organized, and a class act for a discount store.
In fact it's usually a pleasure to go there. People say that Target is more
expensive than Wal-Mart. Frankly I don't care and I'm willing to pay more
for a significantly better shopping experience. Wal-Mart is dirty,
unorganized, chaotic, dingy looking .... basically a dump. It's loaded with
hordes of people (usually with 10 kids) and personally I would rather get a
few cavities filled then go back! As for a "Super Wal-Mart" ... well, take
up all the negatives about a regular Wal-Mart a few notches and now you have
a Super Wal-Mart. More like Super-Disgusting!

Ernie

Old March 27th, 2005, 04:58 PM
villa deauville

The Wal-Marts I have read about in this ng have me wondering if we speak
of the same chain. Here, in our area, Boca Raton/Delray Beach, Florida,
we have three Wal-Marts one being a super store. They are clean, well
lit, name merchandise, helpful personnel. Parking lots spotlessly clean,
patrolled with surveillance cameras in the parking lots.
Those med prescriptions I do not have filled overseas are filled in
their pharmacy. Much less expensive than any other pharmacy
SUNNY

S'nd I
XXX

(* _ *)

Old March 27th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Charles

In article , E.k.R.
wrote:

Believe me, you are missing nothing. The place is a filthy hole and I can't
understand it's popularity (then again I can't understand the popularity of
a lot of things in this country). I'm not against discount shopping, in
fact I shop at Target all the time and I love it. The difference is that
Target is clean, well lit, organized, and a class act for a discount store.

Interesting. Like you I don't have a negative reaction when I step into
Target, like I had to the Wal-Mart I stepped into. However the Wal-Mart
was not a filthy hole. It was clean but it was disorganized. The
Wal-Mart service was weird. Not that you expect a lot at a discount
store but to return the item I had to go to the department that sold
the item. Not the service desk. Then they had to call a certain person
who had a special card that allowed them to do refunds from the
register. It took a lot of time to find that person. That person could
not figure out how to do it so they had to call a higher manager to do
it, which took about another twenty minutes.

It's loaded with hordes of people (usually with 10 kids) and
personally I would rather get a few cavities filled then go back!

A lot of families in the USA are just scraping by. Every penny saved
means a lot to them. That is why there are Wal-Marts and they do a huge
business. We are just not their typical customers so we have a negative
reaction.

--
Charles

Old March 27th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

villa deauville wrote:
The Wal-Marts I have read about in this ng have me wondering if we speak
of the same chain. Here, in our area, Boca Raton/Delray Beach, Florida,
we have three Wal-Marts one being a super store. They are clean, well
lit, name merchandise, helpful personnel. Parking lots spotlessly clean,
patrolled with surveillance cameras in the parking lots.
Those med prescriptions I do not have filled overseas are filled in
their pharmacy. Much less expensive than any other pharmacy

Sunny,

A friend of mine who lives not far from you has said the same thing
about Wal-Mart. She loves the store and does a lot of shopping there.
The Wal-Marts I have been in here in New Jersey, are so bad and
disgusting that I don't go there much. When I do have to go there, I
feel like screaming "get me out of here". I avoid Mal-Mart if it is at
all possible.

sue