London to Glasgow drive

Old March 26th, 2004, 08:12 PM
cj

Default London to Glasgow drive

Looking for suggestions on where to stay along a route between London
and Glasgow. We will likely have about 2-3 nights to get up to Glasgow
and also wanted to stop and see some interesting sights along the way.
Looking for a decent clean hotel that is around $100 (US) per night.
Or, are their any Marriotts along the way where we can use some points?
Also, a suggested route would be greatly appreciated too.

TIA

Old March 28th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Ewan Steed

Hi there

Would be willing to give you ideas providing you could please give some
ideas as to what you are interested in seeing. The motorways go all the
way from London to Glasgow (virtually) but there are some good alternative
routes.

Ewan

ROOTS Consulting Services (Scotland)

Personalised Tours and all aspects of Genealogical Research -
www.ancestryroots.co.uk

Ayrshire Online - Family History sources within Ayrshire -
www.ancestryroots.co.uk/ayrshire-onlineindex.htm

Old March 29th, 2004, 04:09 PM
cj

Thanks. We are pretty much willing to see anything especially what the
locals consider a must see. On the way up, we'd like to take a western
or eastern route and vice versa the return.

We've been to London previously, so anything within a 1-2 hour drive
will be something we'll consider during the week. The only thing I
probably won't get to see is Stonehenge, but I'm sure there are many
other amazing wonders to see elsewhere.

Also, would it be more entertaining to stay in Glasgow or Edinburgh? Is
there a train that goes between towns? Any suggestions on a restaurant
to celebrate ones birthday?