Taking your Palm

Old September 19th, 2003, 04:06 PM
John W

Default Taking your Palm

I know its been covered before but having just returned from my first trip
to the US with a Palm I wanted to sing the praises of the Vindingo
service..... We were fairly lucky that several of the cities we visited are
covered but it was simplicity itself to set it up and they have a free 30
day trial without the need to supply any credit card info. We located
several things that we otherwise would have had trouble finding (if we found
then at all!)... and having a detailed street level map of the cities in my
pocket without taking any extra space was often handy. It can take up quite
a bit of memory and won't use any memory cards so I recommend setting it up
a few days before you go to make sure it has the sort of info you might
require so you can fine tune it to save space.

Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:23 PM
Doug Cutler

I have used both Jungleport and Zagat. Jungleport has some sample
directories that are free and Zagat has a 14 day free trial. With strategic
use you can plan ahead and use it on you visit for a while. I did end up
subscribing to the Zagat service anyway for other cities. NOTE; Zagat
leaves some sort of marked behind on your Palm, if you reistall it, it know
that you have used it before and you trial has expired.
Doug.