Brisbane Flu

Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:28 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
DerekF

Default Brisbane Flu

"Gerrit" wrote in message

"DerekF" wrote in message

We are having our annual flu jabs on Monday:-) So roll on OZ.

Could it be that the flu jabs you will receive (wherever you are) are
against different strains of flu than the ones running around Oz at the
moment?

We are in England. No, they are up to date for the last two Brisbane
strains.
Derek.

http://www.usenet.com
Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:32 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
DerekF

With my skin I need 50+
It was 37C when we were in Adelaide last March.
The Round the World temperatures published in today's paper was, Sydney,
Fair 23C. Must have hotted up in the afternoon.
Derek.
" A Mate" wrote in message
u...
That won't matter at all - since in fact there is no flu epidemic in
Australia at the moment.

The 'Brisbane' strain mentioned in the Mail article was a problem in
calendar 2007. There was just the usual minor flu increase in the just
finished 2008 winter (and flu season).

It's 34C in Sydney today. Summer comes hard and early in Australia.

Just be sure you have your SPF 15+ sunscreen.

Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:51 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
A Mate[_2_]

Bureau of meteorology Forecasts!

Forecast for Friday
Sydney 35° Chance late shower/thunderstorm.
Melbourne 23° Rain developing.
Brisbane 26° Fine
Perth 18° Mostly fine.
Adelaide 19° Light rain.
Hobart 16° A little rain developing.
Canberra 27° Late shower.
Darwin 33° Afternoon shower about.

Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:56 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
A Mate[_2_]

Weather for today (currently 7.54pm in Sydney on Thursday, October 2nd) -
around Australia (dunno' about in the UK)!

| 19:50 EST
Adelaide

Now: 20°C Max: 19°C
Brisbane

Now: 21°C Max: 26°C
Canberra

Now: 22°C Max: 27°C
Darwin

Now: 30°C Max: 33°C
Hobart

Now: 15°C Max: 16°C
Melbourne

Now: 17°C Max: 23°C
Perth

Now: 15°C Max: 18°C
Sydney

Now: 27°C

Geez! Why would I lie about the bloody weather!!

Old December 25th, 2008, 02:51 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
DerekF[_2_]

"Noone@home" wrote in message

"DerekF" wrote in message
Planning our second trip to OZ and read in the British media about a
massive Flu outbreak over there. Is it over yet?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-hundreds.html
Derek.

Sounds like a pommie backpacker who got deported for overstaying their
tourist visa and is now working for the daily mail as a health reporter
(qualifications: must be able to wash hands after going to the toilet).
But they learnt one thing whilst here "Never spoil a good story with the
truth".

It is now an 'epidemic' here.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...jab/article.do
Derek