Hotel in Rome

Old May 23rd, 2011, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Hotel in Rome

On May 20, 11:28*am, "Jean O'Boyle" wrote:
I have a good friend visiting Rome in October. Can anyone suggest a nice
hotel in the Spanish Steps area?

TIA,

--Jean

I just got an email from venere.com that sent me to

http://www.venere.com/italy/rome/?ref=1296739#p|1;f|price-t|all-z|all_areas-r|r6-c|all_rate

where they have some amazingly cheap rates. Disclaimer: I have never
gotten a room through venere.com.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Ken Blake" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 May 2011 17:46:03 -0500, "Jean O'Boyle"

but far too extravagant for a family of three. It has to be
more reasonable than that...

OK. It's far too expensive for me too. But your original question said
nothing about price. All you asked for was "a nice hotel," so I
recommended what I think is among the nicest in that area.

I would not even think of suggesting this to
them. Where would you stay if it were your first stay in Rome?

First stay or any stay, I prefer to stay somewhere near the Piazza
Navona. It's much more centrally located with respect to the places
most tourists want to go to. The Spanish Steps are close to the
northern edge of what I consider to be the main tourist part of Rome
(Piazza del Popolo in the north, Circo Massimo in the south, Coliseum
in the east, and San Pietro in the west.

--
Ken Blake

Using common sense, I would not have told you Waldorf-Astoria had you asked
for a nice hotel in NYC. A nice hotel does not have to be an ultra luxury
hotel. These are middle class people who are not extremely wealthy. If they
were, they would already be aware of such hotels and not depending on
someone else's advice as to where to stay.

--Jean

Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
I have a good friend visiting Rome in October. Can anyone suggest a nice
hotel in the Spanish Steps area?

TIA,

--Jean

A big thank you to all who took my request seriously. I have printed out all
the suggestions and advice given here and will send them on to my friend.
Hopefully one of the hotels will be exactly what they are looking for during
their three days in Rome.

Thanks again,
--Jean

Old May 25th, 2011, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Poetic Justice

Jean*O'Boyle wrote;

I have printed out all the suggestions and
advice given here and will send them on
to my friend.

These are a few past posts of mine that might be of some interest to
your friends.

They will likely be walking right past these unmarked sites/areas on
their visit.
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...lking-tour.cfm

They will I assume visit St. Peter's/Vatican?
This is a *very limited* underground tour that must be booked in
advance.
I'm an Atheist but looking at all the evidence I do believe this is
almost definitely St. Peter's tomb with a very high possibility that
they are his remains (bones).
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...es-history.cfm

Half finished, detailed but it gives an overview of the Forum.
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...lking-tour.cfm
Regards, Walter

...And Paradise Was Lost...like teardrops in the rain...