Hotel in Rome

Old May 20th, 2011, 07:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default Hotel in Rome

I have a good friend visiting Rome in October. Can anyone suggest a nice
hotel in the Spanish Steps area?

TIA,

--Jean

Old May 20th, 2011, 07:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On May 20, 11:28*am, "Jean O'Boyle" wrote:
I have a good friend visiting Rome in October. Can anyone suggest a nice
hotel in the Spanish Steps area?

We were very happy with the Hotel Palatino on Via Cavour. It is
walking distance to the Spanish Steps, close to the Colosseum, the
Forum, and Termini.
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

wrote in message
On May 20, 11:28 am, "Jean O'Boyle" wrote:
I have a good friend visiting Rome in October. Can anyone suggest a nice
hotel in the Spanish Steps area?

We were very happy with the Hotel Palatino on Via Cavour. It is
walking distance to the Spanish Steps, close to the Colosseum, the
Forum, and Termini.

That looks like a very nice hotel and location...may be a bit pricey, but I
will pass it on.
Thanks,
--Jean

Old May 21st, 2011, 10:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_2_]

On Fri, 20 May 2011 13:28:36 -0500, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

I have a good friend visiting Rome in October. Can anyone suggest a nice
hotel in the Spanish Steps area?

I personally wouldn't want to stay in that area, but the Hassler Villa
Medici has an excellent reputation. I'm sure it's very good.

--
Ken Blake
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

wrote:

I have a good friend visiting Rome in October. Can anyone suggest a nice
hotel in the Spanish Steps area?

I personally wouldn't want to stay in that area, but the Hassler Villa
Medici has an excellent reputation. I'm sure it's very good.
Ken Blake

Perfect location but far too extravagant for a family of three. It has to be
more reasonable than that...I would not even think of suggesting this to
them. Where would you stay if it were your first stay in Rome?

--Jean

Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Poetic Justice

Ken Blake wrote;

I personally wouldn't want to stay in that
area,

But people who are interested in exclusive hi-end shops do.

but the Hassler Villa Medici has an
excellent reputation. I'm sure it's very
good.

If a 4* hotel on *Via Cavour* is "a bit pricey" for them, don't you
think the 5* luxury Hassler which caters to Movie Stars, Heads of State,
multi-Millionares, etc might also be out of their price range:-)?
Regards, Walter

...And Paradise Was Lost...like teardrops in the rain...

Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Poetic Justice" wrote in message
Ken Blake wrote;

I personally wouldn't want to stay in that
area,

But people who are interested in exclusive hi-end shops do.

but the Hassler Villa Medici has an
excellent reputation. I'm sure it's very
good.

If a 4* hotel on *Via Cavour* is "a bit pricey" for them, don't you
think the 5* luxury Hassler which caters to Movie Stars, Heads of State,
multi-Millionares, etc might also be out of their price range:-)?
Regards, Walter

Exactly, that is way out of range... I think a 3* or 3½* would suffice. It
does not have to be a luxury hotel as it will be a pre- and post cruise
stay. As long as it is clean and in a safe area.

--Jean

Old May 22nd, 2011, 03:17 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Steve Cain

but the Hassler Villa Medici has an
excellent reputation. I'm sure it's very
good.

If a 4* hotel on *Via Cavour* is "a bit pricey" for them, don't you
think the 5* luxury Hassler which caters to Movie Stars, Heads of State,
multi-Millionares, etc might also be out of their price range:-)?
Regards, Walter

Excellent observation. The "Intercontinental de la Ville" is next door to
Hassler and usually obtainable with a savvy bid on Priceline mid 250-300 USD
or perhaps less.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:38 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

wrote:

I have a good friend visiting Rome in October. Can anyone suggest a nice
hotel in the Spanish Steps area?

I personally wouldn't want to stay in that area, but the Hassler Villa
Medici has an excellent reputation. I'm sure it's very good.
Ken Blake

Perfect location but far too extravagant for a family of three. It has to be
more reasonable than that...I would not even think of suggesting this to
them. Where would you stay if it were your first stay in Rome?

--Jean

I stayed at the Intercontinental the first time, on a $160/night bid on
Priceline.

It was okay but very noisy on Via Sistina all through the night, during
Thanksgiving Week. Cars speeding on that cobblestone road.

Asked them to switch to a back room overlooking the internal courtyard,
which was much better.

Area is nice but it is a long ways away from the centro storico.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:47 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerald Oliver Swift

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
I have a good friend visiting Rome in October. Can anyone suggest a nice
hotel in the Spanish Steps area?

http://www.residenzacorso.com

Regards
Gerry