MSP-MCH-SVO

Old March 6th, 2006, 05:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default MSP-MCH-SVO

Not sure I understand the posting from ULF. Looks like you were
searching for flights into Domodedovo, but the script is not in English.

Old March 6th, 2006, 05:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

SDK schrieb:

The question in my original posting was how much time to allow for
swapping plans in Munich if I chose the two RT ticket approach becuase
two round trip tickets appears to be less expensive than a multi-city
ticket (MSP-MUC-SVO-MSP). Is there anything that you've found that
contradicts this? If I can save $1000 to fly back to Munich and change
planes, it seems worth it to me. Do you disagree?

I don't. However, no time can be given to make the connection 100 % sure.

Regards, ULF
Old March 6th, 2006, 05:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

SDK schrieb:

Not sure I understand the posting from ULF. Looks like you were
searching for flights into Domodedovo, but the script is not in English.

English version:

Flight Summary
Departing flights
S7 898
Economy Munich - Franz Josef Strauss
Moscow - Domodedovo 24 Jun 06
14:25
19:30
Returning flights
S7 897
Economy Moscow - Domodedovo
Munich - Franz Josef Strauss 30 Jun 06
12:15
13:25
Price
Passengers Fare Tax
Total
Adult: € 225,00 € 23,03 (Details) € 248,03
Total: € 248,03
Fare Rules

Any ticket change including re-routing and rebooking as well as refund
of the purchased ticket could only be done at a Siberia Airlines ticket
office according to the fare rules. Please learn more about all rules
and restrictions applicable to this fare.

While traveling abroad, it is obligatory to have in your possession a
valid visa at the point of departure.

Regards, ULF
Old March 6th, 2006, 06:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

SDK wrote:
I looked at a MSP-MUC-SVO-MSP ticket and it's running about $1000 more
than two separate round trip tickets. That's a pretty large expense,
if in comparison, I have to get a hotel room for one night in Munich
(or some other city in transit). Does anyone know of other options to
reduce the cost? I've been searching via Travelocty, Orbitz, Expedia,
Cheap Tickets and individual airline carriers (NWA, United, British
Airways, Delta, Americam, US Airways, Icelandair, Swissair, Luftsana,
and SAS)

You can fly to Moscow VKO from Stuttgart for 90 euros (could be higher
or lower, cost for a random flight in June) one way plus taxes and
fees. Downtown Stuttgart to downtown Munich is a little over 2 hours
by train. Delta also flies into Stuttgart from Atlanta if that helps.

George

Old March 6th, 2006, 11:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

SDK wrote:
What I found searching over the weekend (about 6 hours worth of
hunting) was I can get a MSP-MUC-MSP roundtrip ticket with tax for
$1200 (KLM) (MSP depart 6/17 and MUC return 6/30) and then a
MUC-SVO-MUC ticket with tax for $400 (Aeroflot) (6/23 MUC depart and
6/30 SVO return), so all said and done $1600. But when I did a
MSP-MUC-SVO-MSP with specific departure times (as we're trying to meet
friends from Moscow and return with them), the cost was $2100. The
difference is $500, but I have two tickets to buy, hence $1000.

You need to get off the web and to a travel agent. Online booking is
good for domestic US flights, but not for an international itinerary like
this. You are setting yourself up to be fleeced if you book online
without getting quotes from a decent travel agent first.

Sorry if this was unclear and you thought my previous posting was BS.
I'm simply trying to find the best price for tickets and am looking for
help.

Travel agent, travel agent, travel agent. You will get ripped off by
booking anything online for an itinerary like this. Seriously, pick up the
phone and call around.

--
K.
Old March 7th, 2006, 03:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Joseph Coulter" wrote in message
. 97.136...
Which leads me to ask the question that has been bugging me, can you
really
save that much to make the hassle of a long connection for safety, as
one said they would overnight?

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Er, I think I need a translation of that, Joseph.

FWIW, I simply refuse to travel on tight connections. The hassle isn't
worth it too me. If I were connecting at MUC, I'd spend the night,
have a beer or three and relax.

Paul

Ok Translation. is the savings of buying 2 tickets sufficient to cover
the added expense and aggravation? ie are you really saving anything?
alternative. Why not just buy a ticket MSP-MUC-SVO-MSP?

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Ok, got it now.

Certainly -- if there is no need to be in Muenchen twice. I just assumed the
poster needed to be there twice.

Old March 7th, 2006, 04:12 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and help. I was able to find
a MSP-MUC-SVO-MSP ticket on KLM and Aerflot for $1550 (including taxes
and fees) . This avoids the backtrack thru Munich and the issue with
transferring carriers in Munich.

Would be interested in any recommendations for hotels in Munich and
Nuremburg. Again we're meeting friends from Moscow, so we need to find
accomodations for the four of us. ALso, any suggestion on train travel
form Munich to Nuremburg too.

Old March 7th, 2006, 05:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

"SDK" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and help. I was able to find
a MSP-MUC-SVO-MSP ticket on KLM and Aerflot for $1550 (including taxes
and fees) . This avoids the backtrack thru Munich and the issue with
transferring carriers in Munich.

Would be interested in any recommendations for hotels in Munich and
Nuremburg. Again we're meeting friends from Moscow, so we need to find
accomodations for the four of us. ALso, any suggestion on train travel
form Munich to Nuremburg too.

There is one (sometimes two) direct ICE trains an hour between these cities.
Travel time is less than two hours.

It is hard to give recommendations for hotels without knowing price range,
where you want to stay (in the middle of things? somewhere quiet? modern?
traditional?

Paul

Old March 7th, 2006, 07:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

In 36, Joseph Coulter wrote:

1 stop Economy 1hr 25min Boeing 737 View seats

What are "View seats"? All seats have a view of something.

--
Herbie J.
Famous Curator