Aussie going to NZ in Mar 05

Old November 27th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Downunder

Default Aussie going to NZ in Mar 05

I think he is just using towns as 'markers'. Hopefully he will stay along
the way and enjoy the freedom a camper allows.

Tip for Dunedin if the camper is a larger one, park at the railway
station - just a short walk up the hill into town.

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
"uninteresting
intermediate places like Timaru, Haast & Hokitika"

In your opinion.
I can't speak for Haast or Timaru but Hokitika is a small town with a lot
of history not to mention sensational sunsets, lakes and whitebait. Among
other things.

Could be I'm biased - born and bred there

Elizabeth

Old November 28th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Downunder

"Geoff McCaughan" wrote in message
David James wrote:
Hi Geoff,

My wife wants to visit Larnach Castle, near Dunedin, and I want to see

the
west coast. Maybe we should fly direct to Queenstown and spend a couple

of
days doing Dunedin, Oamaru and back via Omarama (sorry my map isn't

good).
Then a few days up the west coast to the glaciers etc. and back to
Queenstown.

That's doable, but can't you arrive in Queenstown and leave at

Christchurch?
That would save you having to get back to Queenstown again.

If you're travelling from Dunedin up to Oamaru, stop off at the Moeraki
Boulders on the way.

--
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

Quote"My wife wants to visit Larnach Castle, near Dunedin, "

Its not that good to go putting pressure on the rest of your trip. You'll
see just as impressive "castles" in Australia.