Cheap Flight from Sydney (AUS) to Montreal (CAN)

Old November 13th, 2007, 12:42 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Gyuri

Default Cheap Flight from Sydney (AUS) to Montreal (CAN)

Hi. I live in Sydney, Australia and I am looking foward into going to
Montreal the upcomming January starting from the 17th of January
because that's when prices decrease as I noticed for a maxim stay of 3
weeks to a month. The problem is that it is so expensive and that my
budget is very limited. 1800 to 2000 (AUD)$ would be good. The best I
could find which wasn't even to Montreal but New-York was about 2300
(AUD). I'm really desperate at this point and I was wondering if
someone with knowledge in the travelling domain and with great
kindness could help me find a better deal. I doesn't necessarily have
to be a flight to Montreal. It can be Montreal or anything that is +/-
700Km away from it like New-York for instance. Ottawa, Toronto. I
really need help because I am becomming obessed surfing every
travelling sites like Expedia.com looking for a way to find cheaper
tickets for several hours in a row so really any help would be much
appreaciated. Thank you.

Old November 13th, 2007, 01:02 PM posted to rec.travel.air
StephanieM

You might want to look on kayak.com

Old November 14th, 2007, 07:48 AM posted to rec.travel.air
RPS

Gyuri wrote:

: Hi. I live in Sydney, Australia and I am looking foward into going to
: Montreal the upcomming January starting from the 17th of January
: because that's when prices decrease as I noticed for a maxim stay of 3
: weeks to a month. The problem is that it is so expensive and that my
: budget is very limited. 1800 to 2000 (AUD)$ would be good. The best I
: could find which wasn't even to Montreal but New-York was about 2300
: (AUD). I'm really desperate at this point and I was wondering if
: someone with knowledge in the travelling domain and with great
: kindness could help me find a better deal. I doesn't necessarily have
: to be a flight to Montreal.

You are very late looking for Jan travel. If your destination is
flexible, chances of finding a good fare to NYC are greater than for
the Canadian cities (although no harm looking). Flexibility with dates
will also help.

At this late moment, cheap seats will be available only for certain
departure and return dates and you can't hit them with random searches.

You need truly flexible search and most portals don't provide it. The
most helpful site I know is Zuji, Travelocity's Singapore operation:

http://www.zuji.com.sg/web/content/sg/flights.html

Very Important: Click flexible dates button, set SYD and NYC as your
cities (YUL for Montreal), and search from Jan to Feb. You'll see many
mouth-watering results: these are just published fare that you could
have gotten many months ago. :-) The cheapest ones will have no seats
left. When dates are available, they may not suit you. Therefore,
starting with the lowest fare, keep clicking upwards till you find an
acceptable fare for acceptable dates.

Once you find it, you can try to buy it directly from the airline
(there is some advantage to that), or just buy from Zuji.

When looking at fares, pay close attention to the currency they are
talking in. Also, the first quoted fares won't include taxes; you ill
see true totals only at the very end after selecting both dates.

Farecompare.com provides similar functionality but I think Zuji is
better implemented. Try both if you wish.

Good luck.
Old November 15th, 2007, 12:19 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff Hacker

Why not look at two point-to-point tickets: JetStar from Sydney to
Honolulu and then American discount carrier ATA from Honolulu to New York
(may have a couple of stops, but . . . . If you plan it you might be
able to do it for less.

Jeff

oups.com...