Alaska trip planning

Old September 29th, 2008, 04:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Alaska trip planning

My wife and I are planning our cruisetour to Alaska in May of 2009 and
would like to know any tips that you all could provide as to which
cruise line to use, which tour to not miss, and any unforseen
problems we may encounter on the way. We are avid Princess fans but
are willing to try others if you think we should. How much can we
expect to pay for our meals at the lodges in Denali and McKinnley NP.
Any suggestions for excursions (little or no walking) in Juneau,
Ketchikan and Skagway. I have looked at the train rides in Skagway,
but have no idea which one would be the best for us. Thanking you in
advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Rick

Old September 30th, 2008, 05:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Huh? I thought you were a big fan of the Governor (or is that
Governess) of Alaska?

Old September 30th, 2008, 12:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Celebrity Cruiser

On Sep 29, 11:00*am, wrote:
My wife and I are planning our cruisetour to Alaska in May of 2009 and
would like to know any tips that you all could provide as to which
cruise line to use, which tour to not miss, and any *unforseen
problems we may encounter on the way. We are avid Princess fans but
are willing to try others if you think we should. How much can we
expect to pay for our meals at the lodges in Denali and McKinnley NP.
Any suggestions for excursions (little or no walking) in Juneau,
Ketchikan and Skagway. I have looked at the train rides in Skagway,
but have no idea which one would be the best for us. Thanking you in
advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Rick

Hey Rick,
We were in Alaska this past summer. Please cut & past my blog below
packed with info:

http://www.cruisethesea.blogspot.com/

and pictures he

http://picasaweb.google.com/markdege...le070408Alaska

Enjoy,
Mark
Old September 30th, 2008, 03:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mr. V

Our first and only cruise to date was on Holland America, "Veendam."

We left from Vancouver, BC, up the inland passage to Seward, took a
bus to Anchorage, then a bus to Denali and a train back to Anchorage.

The ship was great, no complaints.

Denali was a waste of time and money.

Very kitschy and exploitive, and not very interesting, frankly: there
is much better scenery and accomodations here in the Pacific NW.

Highlight of trip: we took a helicopter in Juneau to the glacier;
landed on the glacier and walked around.

Other recommendation: the Raptor Center in Sitka.
Old September 30th, 2008, 04:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rudy[_2_]

I highly recommend the Celebrity's Summit ship...........you can peruse
www.cruisecritic.com for cruisers experience w/ various cruise lines &
excursions..........