Splendour Review (Mini)

Old January 17th, 2004, 10:19 PM
\Van\ Van Doorne

Default Splendour Review (Mini)

The process for boarding was quick and easy.
Although the ship was built in 1996 we found that the ship was in fine clean condition.

Service in all areas was very good. The staff and crew were friendly and always ready to help if necessary.

Food: Food was good. Many choices on the menu and our waiters took pains to keep us happy. The soups on the menu were excellent. Never had a bad bowl of soup.
Never had to wait for a table during the breakfast and lunch open seating periods. One thing however, the beef steaks were not of the finest quality.

Entertainment: Average. Movies were shown in the main theater on days at sea.

Outdoor ship activities: very good. Rock climb, putting green, and pool areas were well maintained and never too crowded.

Itinerary: Excellent. Ship's tenders did a great job.

Stateroom: We were in the St. Petersburg Suite, Deck 8 , room 8514. Excellent steward.

Disembarkation: Slow, as our wait was for the proper bus to Houston International.
Tablemates from Dallas who stayed at a motel prior to cruise, left their car at hotel and took taxi to their car location.
Bus ride to Houston International was 1 hr, 15 min.

Final Thoughts: I'd recommend this cruise to anyone. Excellent itinerary and fine service.
Total nautical miles: 4008.

Old January 23rd, 2004, 08:38 PM
leek

In article ,
"\"Van\" Van Doorne" wrote:

The process for boarding was quick and easy.
Although the ship was built in 1996 we found that the ship was in fine clean
condition.

It recently was in dry dock for refurbishing. The rock wall wasn't there
in September, and pieces were falling off the miniature golf course

We thought the food was only OK, though we were comparing it to the
great food we had in the ports for lunch (this was a Med. cruise).
Old January 23rd, 2004, 11:02 PM
Robert Strauss

Can I assume that you were on Splendor before it was refurbished? We are
going on March 20 and are wondering what to expect. Its smaller than the
other ships we have been on (Rhapsody twice and Sensation once), but looks
quite a bit like the Rhapsody.

Big question for us is -- will the entertainment be the same. On Rhapsody,
it hadn't changed between 2002 and 2003. The big shows were still
interesting,but the jokes and games were stale elsewhere.

Regards, Robert

Old January 28th, 2004, 05:17 PM
leek

In article ,
"Robert Strauss" wrote:

Can I assume that you were on Splendor before it was refurbished? We are
going on March 20 and are wondering what to expect. Its smaller than the
other ships we have been on (Rhapsody twice and Sensation once), but looks
quite a bit like the Rhapsody.

Big question for us is -- will the entertainment be the same. On Rhapsody,
it hadn't changed between 2002 and 2003. The big shows were still
interesting,but the jokes and games were stale elsewhere.

Yes, I was on about 3 weeks before it went in for refurbishing.

No idea about the entertainment, I almost NEVER go to the shows
Old January 28th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:19:25 GMT, "\"Van\" Van Doorne"
wrote:

Final Thoughts: I'd recommend this cruise to anyone. Excellent itinerary .

I can't wait to see it.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6