excursion help please

Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default excursion help please

Hi all,

we are going on the Crown princess July 29 and need to select excursions.

whenever we visit a port for the first time we use the ships excursions

this trip goes to Grand Turk, St thomas, San Juan and Bermuda

so far these are our thoughts. we'd welcome you input
There are 4 of us two fifty year olds and our kids, 13, 18)

Grand Turk : Trolly hop on/hop off

St Thomas: Cas Cay eco walk, boat ride and snorkel

San Juan: Trying to choose between the old/new San Juan tour OR the
Rain forest tour
Anyone experience either of hese before?

Bermuda: been there, will find our own way around

Thanks
Paul and Deb
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Paul Krause" wrote in message
news
San Juan: Trying to choose between the old/new San Juan tour OR the
Rain forest tour
Anyone experience either of hese before?

Save yourself some money on tours in San Juan & walk to El Moro & San
Cristóbal.

http://www.cr.nps.gov/nr/twhp/wwwlps.../60sanjuan.htm

It takes about 20 minutes to get there walking & is quite interesting. You
can shop for stuff on the way back in the old city.

Old June 23rd, 2006, 01:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Paul Krause wrote:

Hi all,

we are going on the Crown princess July 29 and need to select excursions.

whenever we visit a port for the first time we use the ships excursions

this trip goes to Grand Turk, St thomas, San Juan and Bermuda

so far these are our thoughts. we'd welcome you input
There are 4 of us two fifty year olds and our kids, 13, 18)

Grand Turk : Trolly hop on/hop off

St Thomas: Cas Cay eco walk, boat ride and snorkel

San Juan: Trying to choose between the old/new San Juan tour OR the
Rain forest tour
Anyone experience either of hese before?

I have not done a ship tour in San Juan - I wanted to do both the
Forts and the rain forest. So I hired a private guide in advance and
she met the ship and took us to the rain forest first and then back to
the fort. We had time for that because we had more than from noon
to 9 pm in port. It was less expensive than the ship tours because
she picked up a couple of others to share expenses. If I had only
the afternoon, I'd just walk around the old city. There is or has
been a free trolley in the old part of the city. Can be handy
depending on where the boat is docked.

Old June 23rd, 2006, 02:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

we're on that itinerary end of august.

in grand turk, there's a beach 3/4 mile away (governor's beach) with great
snorkeling
at the pier is margaritaville with a pool and food etc

in st thomas, megan's bay, mountaintop, the tram, etc all can be done easily
on your own

in san juan, private to the rainforest or walk to forts

ship tours are usually way more expensive and like cattle calls than what
you can do on your own

--
Sheree

Crown Princess 8/25/06

Old June 23rd, 2006, 05:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

sheree wrote:

in san juan, private to the rainforest or walk to forts

My wife wants to do the rainforest/horseback riding combo. Has
anyone done that? This is on RCCL but I assume they all offer
the same thing.

ship tours are usually way more expensive and like cattle calls than what
you can do on your own

The thing that concerns me is not getting back in time. Of
course, if you're careful and have enough time in port, that is
not an issue.

Bill
Old June 23rd, 2006, 02:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Sheree and I are in total agreement here. It has been years since I have taken
any sort of Ship's Tour. Rather grab a local and pay them the money directly and
almost always wind up with a much better experience.

Only times I have ever had a problem with getting back to the ship on time were
those Private Tours to places like Senor Frogs but that was a long time ago too.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises
Lots of Fun things Planned for 2007 .......

In article , sheree says...