The Euro at $1.55

Old March 13th, 2008, 01:19 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

Default The Euro at $1.55

Hatunen writes:

Problem for whom?

Many financial organizations in Europe, and some EU governemnts,
think the euro has risen too far, too fast.

But the euro has not risen; the dollar has fallen. That's an important
distinction.
Old March 13th, 2008, 01:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

Alfred Molon writes:

And some US companies are charging in Europe for their products the
dollar price in Euro. They must be thinking Europeans are stupid.

They are partly correct. The British have been playing that game with pounds
and euro for ages, and many of their consumers still seem to have no clue.
Old March 13th, 2008, 02:04 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
VainGlorious

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:31:04 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
says...

I think you have it backward - the problem is not that the euro is
"climbing", but that the dollar is SHRINKING!

How can all those American SUV owners afford to pay the gas bill?

They don't. They put it on credit cards.

- TR
- proud owner of a new Subaru, about 30mpg.

Old March 13th, 2008, 02:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 00:10:11 +0100, Dusty Furtile Morrocan
wrote:

On the particular moment of Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:42:33 +0100 in
relation to Mary's disappointingly immaculate rumpy pumpy, Alfred
Molon put forth:

and oil at $107. According to forecasts the Euro might climb to $1.60.
China apparently has started reducing its dollar reserves.

OH MY GOD! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com

Don't joke too soon, the Great depression did not start overnight,
crept up on all the world. Took over forty years to get back to
where it had been in 1929.
Old March 13th, 2008, 07:56 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dusty Furtile Morrocan

On the particular moment of Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:59:40 -0700 in
relation to Mary's disappointingly immaculate rumpy pumpy, irwell
put forth:

wrote:

On the particular moment of Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:42:33 +0100 in
relation to Mary's disappointingly immaculate rumpy pumpy, Alfred
Molon put forth:

and oil at $107. According to forecasts the Euro might climb to $1.60.
China apparently has started reducing its dollar reserves.

OH MY GOD! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
---

Don't joke too soon, the Great depression did not start overnight,
crept up on all the world. Took over forty years to get back to
where it had been in 1929.

Well, we can always start a massive war between China and Japan, and
fund both sides. That would create plenty of jobs.

I'm only half joking. That's the type of solution our leaders just
might consider.
--
---
Old March 13th, 2008, 07:57 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dusty Furtile Morrocan

On the particular moment of Thu, 13 Mar 2008 01:19:09 +0100 in
relation to Mary's disappointingly immaculate rumpy pumpy, Mxsmanic
put forth:

Hatunen writes:

Problem for whom?

Many financial organizations in Europe, and some EU governemnts,
think the euro has risen too far, too fast.

But the euro has not risen; the dollar has fallen. That's an important
distinction.

The Euro has risen, but not nearly as much as the dollar has fallen.
--
---
Old March 13th, 2008, 02:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Hatunen says...

Please name a few of these products.

To make a couple of examples:

1. Initially Apple was charging its European customers the same amount
in Euro it was charging US customers in dollars for song downloads.

2. The other day I was looking for an instant messenger software for the
Palm Centro. Found QuickIM, which costs $30 to Americans and 30 Euro to
Europeans.
--

Alfred Molon
Old March 13th, 2008, 07:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article ,
Dusty Furtile Morrocan
wrote:

Well, we can always start a massive war between China and Japan, and
fund both sides. That would create plenty of jobs.

I'm only half joking. That's the type of solution our leaders just
might consider.

Let's hope the world lasts until we get rid of them!!

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is
that reason doesn't count. --Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo

Old March 13th, 2008, 07:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
says...

I think you have it backward - the problem is not that the euro is
"climbing", but that the dollar is SHRINKING!

How can all those American SUV owners afford to pay the gas bill?

As one who refuses to have anything to do with gas-guzzling trash like
that, I have the same question.

Old March 13th, 2008, 11:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Hatunen wrote:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:21:43 -0700,
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Alfred Molon wrote:
and oil at $107. According to forecasts the Euro might climb to $1.60.
China apparently has started reducing its dollar reserves.

I think you have it backward - the problem is not that the euro is
"climbing", but that the dollar is SHRINKING!

Problem for whom?

Many financial organizations in Europe, and some EU governemnts,
think the euro has risen too far, too fast.

Whichever. :-) I think most American tourists would agree!