Cruises for Dialysis patients

Old April 22nd, 2010, 01:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carolyn G

Default Cruises for Dialysis patients

I'm sure the Travel Agents know about this but I didn't. I'm terribly
bad at copying these addresses so if I mess up you can Google 'Cruises
for Dialysis at Sea.'

http://www.dialysisatsea.com/about.aspx

Old April 22nd, 2010, 12:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Muddy Waters

That's the right address. Interesting. I notice they have their
dialysis machines on some of the biggest lines, like Royal Caribbean's
Oasis of the Seas and Celebrity's Solstice in the Caribbean. At first I
thought they ran their own cruises but no, they're on regular cruise
ship lines.
I guess the Travel Agents didn't know about this service as none
answered.

Old April 22nd, 2010, 01:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carolyn G

Travel agents know, or should know about this service.
Service dogs are allowed on cruise ships too.

Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:14:54 -0400, Sue Mullen
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:04:45 -0400, Sue Mullen

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 05:41:07 -0700,
(Carolyn G)
wrote:

Travel agents know, or should know about this service.
Service dogs are allowed on cruise ships too.
I talked to a blind woman at the buffet (she was sitting at the next
table and I didn't realize that she was blind at first) on one cruise
and she said she normally had her service dog with her, but was old
that she could not bring him on this cruise.
What was the itin. of this cruise? Service dogs are allowed on cruise
ships, in fact a former poster here had a service dog and cruised with
her. There were some ports where the service dog could not go ashore,
but I don't think there were many ports that did that.

This was an ordinary Caribbean itinerary on the Maasdam from Norfolk
in 2006. Norfolk, Bahamas, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Kitts,
San Juan, Norfolk. She said they told her that they didn't have room
for him

I can't understand their not having room for a service dog, not like he
needed a cabin of his own. From everything I have heard, as long as the
service animal has the proper documentation, he should be allowed any
place.

sue

It was a cruise just before Christmas and the boat was full and there
were a number of kids on board. So maybe what they meant was that
there wasn't room in the public spaces like the buffet for him to be
safely - he might be stepped on or something. I don't know. She did
say that most of the time there was no problem with bringing him on a
cruise.
Old April 26th, 2010, 04:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake :

wrote:

Travel agents know, or should know about this service.
Service dogs are allowed on cruise ships too.

I talked to a blind woman at the buffet (she was sitting at the next
table and I didn't realize that she was blind at first) on one cruise
and she said she normally had her service dog with her, but was old
that she could not bring him on this cruise.

What was the itin. of this cruise? Service dogs are allowed on cruise
ships, in fact a former poster here had a service dog and cruised with
her. There were some ports where the service dog could not go ashore,
but I don't think there were many ports that did that.

This was an ordinary Caribbean itinerary on the Maasdam from Norfolk
in 2006. Norfolk, Bahamas, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Kitts,
San Juan, Norfolk. She said they told her that they didn't have room
for him

Pure grade A bull****. The only prohibition would be transatlantic
repos to Europe, due to the import restriction. But she could easily
deal with those, as they've been eased. Same applies to one-way trips
to Hawai'i from the US or Canada. But not from most of the rest of
the Pacific. This is all due to rabies.

(Aa general rule, I shoot coyotes on sight and then call the
authorities. 95% are infected)
--

- dillon I am not invalid

The RMS Titanic sank on April 15th.