"Canada" The Deserters Choice

Old May 1st, 2004, 08:15 AM
alohacyberian

Default "Canada" The Deserters Choice

"Tom Welch" wrote in message
om...

Also, if Bush is re-elected you can bet the
draft will be re-instated,
Tom

How much do you want to bet? KM

"If Ronald Reagan is re-elected, accidental nuclear war becomes a
mathematical certainty."
~ Dr. Helen Caldicott, 1984
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old May 1st, 2004, 08:15 AM
alohacyberian

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
Boycott Canada wrote:
Yep.. He was wounded alright. A scratch on the arm didn't even draw

blood,
or result in time off. What a hero he was.

Keep some perspective. Remember the operative comparison is to George W.
Bush.
miguel

Yes, George W. Bush released ALL of his military records. Why won't Kerry?
Something to hide? KM

Old May 1st, 2004, 08:15 AM
alohacyberian

"Crazy Tribes Man" wrote in message
om...
Yeah George W Bush ran there in the Vietnam war time, I heard there is
video footage of him hiding under CN tower, luckily daddy bush senior
pulled some political strings, and a helicopter flew in, and they
wrapped him up in cotton wool with a nice cup of coco.

Yeah? Now, why don't you tell us about Bill Clinton's military service? KM

Old May 1st, 2004, 11:34 AM
Miguel Cruz

alohacyberian wrote:
"Miguel Cruz" wrote:
Keep some perspective. Remember the operative comparison is to George W.
Bush.

Yes, George W. Bush released ALL of his military records. Why won't Kerry?
Something to hide?

That press conference was one of the most preposterous things I've ever seen
in my life. Did you hear how many times the White House spokesman avoided
every single question that was put to him? He just repeated the same
non-sequitur over and over again. If those were all George Bush's military
records, then he definitely never served a minute.

miguel

Old May 1st, 2004, 04:41 PM
Michael Gallagher

On 29 Apr 2004 18:34:01 GMT, (gman99) wrote:

Oddly enough, I have a couple of Canadian friends in karate class who
different names --- so why they would think Canada is "better" than
the US is beyond them.

They were NOT Canadians if they thought that....

They are, one from Ottawa, the other from Toronto.

How long have they been on this continent ?? .....

Their whole lives.

Old May 1st, 2004, 07:15 PM
Suzy

"Brian Wickham" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:57:10 GMT, "Boycott Canada"
wrote:

"John Ramsay" wrote in message

He was wounded there, awarded medals for bravery
there, came back and became part of the Viet
vets against the war movement.

Yep.. He was wounded alright. A scratch on the arm didn't even draw

blood,
or result in time off. What a hero he was.
He got those metals by deception in order to get out of nam. When you are

enlisted man and a officer says medic I'm wounded, What can you say but

yes,
sir. 3 purple heart in 4 months with no time off, give me a break. Also

one
of his commanders said, "There wasn't even any shooting going on one of

the
times he was injured." The just went under a low hanging branch that
scratched him. What a hero.....

Yes, what a shame, especially when you consider all the "metals" (sic)
that George Bush could have won if he had shown up for duty. But
maybe wishing will make it so! It worked for Dorothy!

Again, Purple Hearts are not for heroism, no matter how much you
pretend they are. Silver Stars are. How many Silver Stars are held
by the current administration? How many Bronze Stars with V? How
many anything? How many Republicans does it take to sling mud at a
man for fulfilling his military duty? How many Republicans know what
military duty is? How many Republicans believe that military duty is
for suckers? How many Republicans were dead set against fighting
Hitler? Enough that FDR would not have been able to go to war in
Europe if Hitler had not declared war on us on Dec 11, 1941. (Here's
where you jump in and state that he never actually declared war. Read
the speech, it's on the internet. Near the end he says that Germany,
Italy & Japan are at war with the US and Britain.)

I'll give you a good example of Republican patriotism. ITT sued the
US government during the Eisenhower administration for wartime damage
to one of it's aircraft plants, and won in Federal court.
Unfortunately the aircraft it had been producing were Messerschmitts
and the people who damaged it were the 8th Air Force. You gotta love
those business types who also bankroll the far right.

It's obvious that you like to listen to yourself rambling but the fact is
that you have not made any point whatsoever.

You're welcome, Mr. Canada (your posted name), to keep it coming.
Your inane ramblings, based on faith or misdirection or whatever it is
you guys are pedalling this week, are laughable and quite easily
countered with fact and reason. I'm sorry, I know that "reason" is an
ugly word to "the faithful", but I couldn't help myself. Maybe the
devil made me do it!

Brian

How did you wind up with a name like Boycott Canada? I've heard of
Captain Boycott and the only person I ever heard of named Canada was
the actor Canada Lee. Maybe your name is Canada Boycott? That makes
more sense, Yes. You must be Canada Boycott. Any middle initial?

Old May 1st, 2004, 10:15 PM
Ken Pisichko

dutchy wrote:

I thought this was a travel forum.!!!!!!!!!!!

It was until the OP went OT with his thread. Happy trails to him!

Old May 2nd, 2004, 06:46 AM
John Ramsay

Boycott Canada wrote:

"John Ramsay" wrote in message

Russell Patterson wrote:

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 05:04:52 GMT, Brian Wickham
wrote:

John Kerry was a rich boy. He seemed to understand his duty.
President George Bush's father flew in combat. I wonder what his
feelings are about his son's lack of a sense of duty? I feel sorry
for him because I know what he may be thinking. My stepfather flew 30
combat missions as a gunner in the 8th Air Force. He lived through
hell and came home to tell me that the louder the patriot, the bigger
the coward. George Bush Sr. must know that. I feel sorry for him and
the sacrifices he made in the Pacific to be so dishonored by such a
callow son.

Being a pilot in th NG was no guarantee of safety. OTOH, many people
went into the Air Force and Navy voluntarily to minimize the chance of
finding one's self in mortal danger via the draft. The exception to
this would be those in flight status. This brings us to your guy
Kerry. Somehow he ended up in the Navy. He wasn't drafted! He was
one of the unlucky ones that ended up in Vietnam. Now, I have not
seen his record, and he may well have volunteered for every assignment
he received, but the fact that he went into the Navy at a time when
the war was primarily a ground war raises questions in my mind.

Russ

Kerry served in the riverine force, small boats
doing recon and ground force infiltration.

He was wounded there, awarded medals for bravery
there, came back and became part of the Viet
vets against the war movement.

Yep.. He was wounded alright. A scratch on the arm didn't even draw blood,
or result in time off. What a hero he was.
He got those metals by deception in order to get out of nam. When you are a
enlisted man and a officer says medic I'm wounded, What can you say but yes,
sir. 3 purple heart in 4 months with no time off, give me a break. Also one
of his commanders said, "There wasn't even any shooting going on one of the
times he was injured." The just went under a low hanging branch that
scratched him. What a hero.....

You seem to have trouble with
basic facts.

Kerry was an officer, not an
enlisted man.

And served in Vietnam.

GW Bush was also an officer.

Who kept himself far away
from Vietnam.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 09:41 AM
alohacyberian

Boycott Canada wrote:

Yep.. He was wounded alright. A scratch on the arm didn't even draw

blood,
or result in time off. What a hero he was.
He got those metals by deception in order to get out of nam. When you are

enlisted man and a officer says medic I'm wounded, What can you say but

yes,
sir. 3 purple heart in 4 months with no time off, give me a break. Also

one
of his commanders said, "There wasn't even any shooting going on one of

the
times he was injured." The just went under a low hanging branch that
scratched him. What a hero.....

You seem to have trouble with
basic facts.

Kerry was an officer, not an
enlisted man.

That's precisely what was posted, that Kerry was the commissioned officer and
the medic was an enlisted man. And nothing Kerry did in Vietnam or claimed to
have done in Vietnam is in any way connected to or involved with George W.
Bush, whom you may bash to your heart's content, but, such sidestepping in no
way exhonerates or excuses Kerry's behavior or words. And the unanswered
question remains: why hasn't Kerry released ALL of his military records? Is
he hiding something? KM