change return flight date

Old October 26th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Keith Willshaw

Default change return flight date

"Tim923" wrote in message
Since two-way tickets seem cheaper than one-way tickets with my
destinations thru Delta, can I save the return flight for months later
until I know the date?

Depends on the terms the ticket is issued under, changeable
tickets are usually more expensive than non changeable.

Keith

Old October 27th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Tim923

What does Delta say when you ask them that question?

I just gave them a call. The fee is at least $100 plus varying fare
adjustment.

-
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email is valid.
Old October 27th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Tim923

Why do one-way tickets cost more?

-
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email is valid.
Old October 27th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Roger B.

"Tim923" wrote...
Why do one-way tickets cost more?

There are some discount airlines that do not charge more for
one-way tickets. Southwest and Independence, for example.
Essentially, the thinking of the major carries is that R/T ticket
should be sold at a discount to one-way to ensure that you
don't simply cherry-pick among the carries for all segments.
[R]

Old October 27th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Tim923

There are some discount airlines that do not charge more for

near me:
http://www.transmeridian-airlines.com/

-
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email is valid.
Old October 27th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Tim923

I just gave them a call. The fee is at least $100 plus varying fare
adjustment.

Any idea how big the varying fare adjustment is?

-
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8adrh/news.html (profile) --Tim923 My email is valid.
Old October 28th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Miguel Cruz

Tim923 wrote:
I just gave them a call. The fee is at least $100 plus varying fare
adjustment.

Any idea how big the varying fare adjustment is?

It means you have to pay the difference between the fare when you bought the
ticket, and the fare if you were to buy it today (or whenever you make the
change). If it cost $200 when you bought it, but it's since gone up to $350,
then the adjustment is $150. No way to predict how much it will be.

If you need this sort of flexibility (I forgot your route) you may really
be better off using a discount airline that doesn't put you through all
this, even if the schedule isn't quite as convenient or whatever.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 32 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu