Driving from Blyde River Canyon to Hluhluwe

Old May 16th, 2006, 06:34 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Driving from Blyde River Canyon to Hluhluwe

Hi,
as part of our trip in South Africa next month, we have planned to
drive nonstop from the Blyde River Canyon area to Hluhluwe.
However I have noticed that sun sets early in KZN in June, and I
prefer to avoid wandering around after dark in Hluhluwe looking for
our lodge. Maporama estimates 630 km and 7 hours driving, is it
realistic? Or is it better to fly from Nelspruit to Durban and then
drive to Hluhluwe?
Many thanks in advance
--

ishmael
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:21 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

"ishmael" schreef in bericht
Hi,
as part of our trip in South Africa next month, we have planned to
drive nonstop from the Blyde River Canyon area to Hluhluwe.
However I have noticed that sun sets early in KZN in June, and I
prefer to avoid wandering around after dark in Hluhluwe looking for
our lodge. Maporama estimates 630 km and 7 hours driving, is it
realistic? Or is it better to fly from Nelspruit to Durban and then
drive to Hluhluwe?
Many thanks in advance
--

ishmael

Leave early (7 - 8 am) and then you will be arriving in Hluhluwe way before
dark. Route: Nelspruit, Barberton, Pongola etc.
Don't go thru Swaziland because then you have two brorder crossings...

Hans

Old May 17th, 2006, 10:29 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

The roads are in good condition, and you should be able to maintain a
steady 120km/h most of the time

7 hours is a realistic estimate, even if you stop off for a quick
lunch along the way.

Marc - Johannesburg