cheap roundtrip? chicago-tokyo

Old January 30th, 2005, 07:05 AM
blue

Default cheap roundtrip? chicago-tokyo

I want to travel from chicago to tokyo end of March/early April (with a
return in the 17-20 of April). I've been reading through these topics
and have learned about consalidators and bucket shops. So I have some
leads. If anyone has any specific information that would be great. The
prices I've been finding are around $700-800. Is that the lowest? I'm
thinking I can find lower. But where?

Old January 30th, 2005, 04:31 PM

US$ 459 from Chicago to Nagoya...

http://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/Vie...tentRepository

Old January 31st, 2005, 01:41 PM
John W.

blue wrote:
I want to travel from chicago to tokyo end of March/early April (with

return in the 17-20 of April). I've been reading through these topics
and have learned about consalidators and bucket shops. So I have some
leads. If anyone has any specific information that would be great.

The
prices I've been finding are around $700-800. Is that the lowest? I'm
thinking I can find lower. But where?

You might try a Japanese travel agent (should be some in Chicago), or a
travel agent in general. But online it looks like you'll be paying in
the $700-800 range at least.

John W.

Old January 31st, 2005, 01:55 PM
Spehro Pefhany

On 31 Jan 2005 05:41:43 -0800, the renowned "John W."
wrote:

blue wrote:
I want to travel from chicago to tokyo end of March/early April (with

return in the 17-20 of April). I've been reading through these topics
and have learned about consalidators and bucket shops. So I have some
leads. If anyone has any specific information that would be great.

The
prices I've been finding are around $700-800. Is that the lowest? I'm
thinking I can find lower. But where?

You might try a Japanese travel agent (should be some in Chicago), or a
travel agent in general. But online it looks like you'll be paying in
the $700-800 range at least.

John W.

I'd try an agent in Chicago's (rather small) Chinatown.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Old February 3rd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Gerry

In article .com,
blue wrote:

I want to travel from chicago to tokyo end of March/early April (with a
return in the 17-20 of April). I've been reading through these topics
and have learned about consalidators and bucket shops. So I have some
leads. If anyone has any specific information that would be great. The
prices I've been finding are around $700-800. Is that the lowest? I'm
thinking I can find lower. But where?

I use a local Japanese travel agency that is actually based in Japan.
That's H.I.S. Travel in Costa Mesa, California. They have shops in LA
and I'm not sure where else. Quite possibly Chicago. Even though they
may not have a location in Chicago, they have an 800 number and you can
probably do just as well that-a-way.

--
The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers,
immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people.