Bangkok or Hongkong

Old October 19th, 2004, 08:17 PM
PeterL

"Nisse PowerMan" wrote in message
Dieter Aaaa wrote:

"mush97" wrote in message
Hong Kong is really great in winters. It almost has a feel of an

English
town.

one more reason NOT to go there

another reason is that people are very frustrated there.

The question shouldn't be
Bangkok or Hongkong
but
Bangkok or Shanghai

I was in HK ini January, VERY cold, the hotel don't have heating, I used
double blankets, still freezing cold.

Which hotel you stayed in? No heat?!

Cold - and wet, it was raining.

Well, it's winter.

Food is no good (to me)

That would be your problem.

, people not friendly.

HK people have never been known to be friendly.

BKK is totally opposite, still friendly people, tasty food, warm, better
hotel etc.

Another think, Kai Tak is closed, no more roof top inflight to HK in a
747.

You been on the Space Station the last 5 years?

/Anders

--
Remove the obvious part before replying by mail please!

Old October 19th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Dieter Aaaa

"PeterL" wrote

HK people have never been known to be friendly.

and HK girls aren't friendly _at_ all_
they aren't friendly, neither piàoliang

Old October 20th, 2004, 12:31 AM
Spehro Pefhany

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:52:31 GMT, the renowned Thomas F. Unke
wrote:

"Dieter Aaaa" Dieter writes:

and HK girls aren't friendly _at_ all_

Depends on your look and attitude.

A goodly whack of money to go along with the style wouldn't hurt
either.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Old October 20th, 2004, 05:18 AM
Chris Blunt

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:17:11 -0700, "PeterL"
wrote:

Food is no good (to me)

That would be your problem.

Of all the comments I've heard made about Hong Kong, that's the first
time I've ever heard anyone say that.

I can't think of any other place in the world where you can find a
wider range of every style and quality of food imaginable. Everything
from cheap and fast street food to the most luxurious restaurants
providing the best kind of food you can ask for is available in Hong
Kong.

Chris

Old October 20th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Miguel Cruz

Chris Blunt wrote:
"PeterL" wrote:
Food is no good (to me)

That would be your problem.

Of all the comments I've heard made about Hong Kong, that's the first
time I've ever heard anyone say that.

I can't think of any other place in the world where you can find a
wider range of every style and quality of food imaginable. Everything
from cheap and fast street food to the most luxurious restaurants
providing the best kind of food you can ask for is available in Hong
Kong.

I'll say it too - I was underwhelmed by the food situation in Hong Kong
after all I'd heard. I find far more choice, better ambience, and affordable
quality in Singapore.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 32 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu