Open JAW Question

Old April 8th, 2006, 09:05 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Open JAW Question

I am trying to determine how I can get the best open JAW price for two
tickets to Asia. Outbound flight would be Los Angeles to Beijing and
inbound flight would be Singapore to Los Angeles, although I would fly back
to China if the savings difference would be significant from Singapore.

My other problem is height. I am well over 6' tall and would like to fly on
some deluxe economy fare or business class. Business class will be probably
be too expensive, so my options for deluxe economy class is probably limited
to EVA Airways or perhaps United. I know Singapore Airlines is implementing
this class but I think a one-way ticket back to LAX would be too expensive.
I am trying to stay well under $2,500 for two open JAW tickets for deluxe
economy but would pay more for business class seats. Any ideas? Thanks in
advance.

rg

Old April 8th, 2006, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.air

I should also say that I have enough air miles for a business class ticket
to anywhere in asia on American Airlines or their partners, which include
Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines. I am wondering if they will award a
business class open JAW ticket for this award? If so, that would leave me
with finding a fare on the same airline and schedule that would be
reasonable (under $3,000?) for my second business class seat.

rg

Old April 8th, 2006, 11:43 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"Rick Graham" wrote:

I am trying to determine how I can get the best open JAW price for two
tickets to Asia. Outbound flight would be Los Angeles to Beijing and
inbound flight would be Singapore to Los Angeles, although I would fly back
to China if the savings difference would be significant from Singapore.

My other problem is height. I am well over 6' tall and would like to fly on
some deluxe economy fare or business class. Business class will be probably
be too expensive, so my options for deluxe economy class is probably limited
to EVA Airways or perhaps United. I know Singapore Airlines is implementing
this class but I think a one-way ticket back to LAX would be too expensive.
I am trying to stay well under $2,500 for two open JAW tickets for deluxe
economy but would pay more for business class seats. Any ideas? Thanks in
advance.

Open Jaw (It's not an acronym.)

Basically, Open Jaws are billed as round trip tcikets. To get the best fares,
you need to use the same guidelines as you would for those - stay on the same
airline or alliance, leave midweek, etc.

If you fly United out and Singapore Air back, you'd be staying on Star Alliance
and qualify for whatever cheap RT fares that are available...
Old April 8th, 2006, 11:57 PM posted to rec.travel.air

On , "Rick Graham" wrote:

My other problem is height. I am well over 6' tall and would like to fly on
some deluxe economy fare or business class. Business class will be probably
be too expensive, so my options for deluxe economy class is probably limited
to EVA Airways or perhaps United. I know Singapore Airlines is implementing
this class but I think a one-way ticket back to LAX would be too expensive.
I am trying to stay well under $2,500 for two open JAW tickets for deluxe
economy but would pay more for business class seats. Any ideas? Thanks in
advance.

I think you'll struggle to meet those needs! LAX-PEK looks to be
about 500, and SIN-LAX about 600 minimum in Economy, so how you're
going to get premium economy and likely not the cheapest on both to
get fare rules allowing a combination I think you'll do well to get
the 1250 each, let alone well under for premium economy.

Jim.
Old April 9th, 2006, 02:40 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default JF "Cuts" One (WAS: Open JAW Question

nobody aka JF Mezei escribe:

"Clark W. Griswold, Jr." wrote:
Basically, Open Jaws are billed as round trip tcikets. To get the best

fares,
you need to use the same guidelines as you would for those - stay on the

same
airline or alliance, leave midweek, etc.

Do fare rules/combinability rules now have "different airline but same
alliance" columns now ?

Why don't you use the same rules that you tell folx to follow for male
circumcision...???

--
Best
Greg

Old April 9th, 2006, 09:56 AM posted to rec.travel.air

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 20:21:56 -0400, nobody
wrote:

"Clark W. Griswold, Jr." wrote:
Basically, Open Jaws are billed as round trip tcikets. To get the best fares,
you need to use the same guidelines as you would for those - stay on the same
airline or alliance, leave midweek, etc.

Do fare rules/combinability rules now have "different airline but same
alliance" columns now ?

Fare rules often list other carriers that can be flown to combine
which tend to be the same as the alliance pretty much.

Jim.