Nightmare at Reagan National Airport: A Security Story to End all Security Stories

Old June 16th, 2007, 01:21 AM posted to rec.travel.air
hummingbird[_2_]

Default Nightmare at Reagan National Airport: A Security Story to End all Security Stories

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:08:59 GMT 'Larry in AZ'
posted this onto rec.travel.air:

Waiving the right to remain silent, DevilsPGD
said:

In message Larry in AZ
wrote:

Waiving the right to remain silent, hummingbird
said:

Evidence that America is becoming a fascist state.

Evidence that you're a total asshole.

What about the other 399,000,000 passengers who had no problems with TSA..?

How many of those 399,000,000 passengers had problems, but didn't make a
national incident out of it?

Why don't you research it..?

One has to conclude that your earlier assertion was a pile of pants.
Old June 16th, 2007, 01:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air
hummingbird[_2_]

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 21:34:26 +0200 'Mxsmanic'
posted this onto rec.travel.air:

writes:

Monica Emmerson was detained for 45 minutes. She wasn't questioned
about possible ties to terrorists. Her carry-on items weren't
rigorously searched -- or even searched again. Neither the police nor
TSA took any action that indicated that they throught she might be a
security risk. She was just detained, harassed and threatened with
arrest. All because of a sippy cup with water in it.

She should have allowed herself to be arrested, and then solved the problem by
other means. Even if the people dealing with her were stupid, by escalating
the issue it's usually possible to bring it to the attention of someone
intelligent in time, and sometimes the stupid people can be removed from the
loop and the organization made to think twice at the same time.

Don't underestimate the pressure on the bossman to support his
underlings. He's have to be a smart manager to find a solution
acceptable to all parties which wasn't seen as a climb down.
Old June 16th, 2007, 03:05 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

"Crusader Rabbit" wrote:
Rog' wrote:
Reading between the lines: She may have come across as a tad
more beligerent and hostile that it sounds on paper. While the
spilling may have been accidental, what they may have seen was
her turning the cup upside down, after giving them a piece of her
mind. There are usually 2 sides. =R=

Yup, she sounds like a silly bitch...

Let me guess...
You voted for George 'WMD' Bush, didn't you?
And you think he's doing a GREAT job.

Your guess, at least as to me, would be completely wrong. Just
because we may think that it may not have been irrational for TSA
to react as they did to a shrill, demanding, bitch who likely thought
her baby would get her a fast-pass, does not mean that I have any
love for that candy-ass war-monger. I have never voted for a
Republican Presidental candidate (doubt I ever will). So, let me
guess: You're a ass.

Old June 16th, 2007, 05:10 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Gregory Morrow[_31_]

"Rog'" wrote in message
"Crusader Rabbit" wrote:
Rog' wrote:
Reading between the lines: She may have come across as a tad
more beligerent and hostile that it sounds on paper. While the
spilling may have been accidental, what they may have seen was
her turning the cup upside down, after giving them a piece of her
mind. There are usually 2 sides. =R=
Yup, she sounds like a silly bitch...

Let me guess...
You voted for George 'WMD' Bush, didn't you?
And you think he's doing a GREAT job.

Your guess, at least as to me, would be completely wrong. Just
because we may think that it may not have been irrational for TSA
to react as they did to a shrill, demanding, bitch who likely thought
her baby would get her a fast-pass, does not mean that I have any
love for that candy-ass war-monger. I have never voted for a
Republican Presidental candidate (doubt I ever will). So, let me
guess: You're a ass.

Rog' = 1

Cwusader Wabbit = 0

:-)

--
Best
Greg

Old June 16th, 2007, 12:17 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

hummingbird writes:

Don't underestimate the pressure on the bossman to support his
underlings. He's have to be a smart manager to find a solution
acceptable to all parties which wasn't seen as a climb down.

If ego is the driving force in his job, he needs a new job.
Old June 16th, 2007, 02:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air
hummingbird[_2_]

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 13:17:36 +0200 'Mxsmanic'

hummingbird writes:

Don't underestimate the pressure on the bossman to support his
underlings. He's have to be a smart manager to find a solution
acceptable to all parties which wasn't seen as a climb down.

If ego is the driving force in his job, he needs a new job.

In the case of the bossman, I don't think it's a case of ego.
It's more one of him going on training courses to learn about people
management. A boss who doesn't support his staff wherever possible
isn't a boss for very long.
Old June 16th, 2007, 04:11 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

hummingbird writes:

A boss who doesn't support his staff wherever possible
isn't a boss for very long.

I've seen bosses who remain that way for a very long time. They need only the
support of their superiors, not of their subordinates.
Old June 16th, 2007, 07:09 PM posted to rec.travel.air
hummingbird[_2_]

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:11:40 +0200 'Mxsmanic'

hummingbird writes:

A boss who doesn't support his staff wherever possible
isn't a boss for very long.

I've seen bosses who remain that way for a very long time. They need only the
support of their superiors, not of their subordinates.

I'm sure. But if the bossman and his bossman continually fail to
support their staff, quite soon the employee churn increases and moral
drops. That's soon followed by poor functional performance. The only
effective solution to that is to increase pay/perks which they are
reluctant and unlikely to do in the management scenario you describe.

As I alluded to, few bosses who are assholes survive very long.
Old June 16th, 2007, 08:39 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

On Jun 16, 2:18 pm, Larry in AZ
wrote:
Waiving the right to remain silent, hummingbird
said:

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:07:53 GMT 'Larry in AZ'
posted this onto rec.travel.air:

Waiving the right to remain silent, hummingbird
said:

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:26:55 -0000 '
posted this onto rec.travel.air:

Travel News
Nightmare at Reagan National Airport: A Security Story to End all
Security Stories
by Bill Adler | June 14, 2007 at 06:10 am | 90786 views | 50 comments

Monica Emmerson, her son, and the sippy cup.

http://www.nowpublic.com/nightmare_a...port_a_securit

y_ story_to_end_all_security_stories

Evidence that America is becoming a fascist state.

Evidence that you're a total asshole.

What about the other 399,000,000 passengers who had no problems with
TSA..?

You can provide evidence of that can you?

It's empirical evidence, and I'm not far off. Four hundred million air
passengers travel in the US. How many TSA horror stories do you hear..?

And, out of the horror stories you *do* hear, how many of these
"victims" have "accidentally" cough-cough done something to top off
their horror experience?

See how that works..?

"A lack of common sense is now considered a disability,
with all the privileges that this entails."- Hide quoted text -

Old June 16th, 2007, 09:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

hummingbird writes:

I'm sure. But if the bossman and his bossman continually fail to
support their staff, quite soon the employee churn increases and moral
drops. That's soon followed by poor functional performance.

A lot of companies don't care about that, either. They hire people for
minimum wage, then dump them when they burn out. Churn and morale are
irrelevant, as long as they can continue to pay almost nothing in wages. And
performance may not matter for unskilled occupations.

As I alluded to, few bosses who are assholes survive very long.

Unless they were hired by people of the same ilk. I'm reminded of the Taco
Bell manager who supposedly fired someone for using the word "pedagogy" in a
memo.