Jet-Lag

Old December 15th, 2003, 08:45 PM
n owner

Default Jet-Lag

What is the best remedy for Jet-Lag?
Old December 15th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Mark Hewitt

"n owner" wrote in message
om...
What is the best remedy for Jet-Lag?

Sleep.

Old December 15th, 2003, 09:35 PM
Maurice ON4BAM

On 15 Dec 2003 12:45:35 -0800, (n owner) wrote:

What is the best remedy for Jet-Lag?

Travel North - South or South - North. Travel by car/train/boat.

Just 'google' and you'll find this question has been discussed a
zillion times before on the travel groups...

Bye Maurice
--
Hamradio: ON4BAM / M0CIL / 9H3Z
http://www.qsl.net/on4bam
Old December 15th, 2003, 09:39 PM
thomasjojo

"n owner" wrote in message
om...
What is the best remedy for Jet-Lag?

To sleep .

Old December 16th, 2003, 03:02 AM
Mike Schumann

Force your self to get and stay on the local time /sleep schedule
immediately.

Mike Schumann

"n owner" wrote in message
om...
What is the best remedy for Jet-Lag?

Old December 16th, 2003, 05:05 AM
Holden McGroyne

What is the best remedy for Jet-Lag?

What works for me is:

On long flights I take along three 16/20 oz bottles of water. They
never seem to have provide enough fluids on longer flights. Keeping
hydrated - particularly in the dry air of the plane cabin - seems to
help in dealing with jet lag.

Avoid alcohol and foods high in sugar. Go with the carbs.

After arrival, leave your room after check-in so you're not tempted
to take a nap. Try to stay awake until night time.

And if you can sleep at all on your flight, you will be doing yourself
a favor. Although that is something I have never been able to master.
Old December 16th, 2003, 06:59 AM
Miguel Cruz

Mike Schumann wrote:
Force your self to get and stay on the local time /sleep schedule
immediately.

That's the one that works for me. On arrival day, I make sure I stay outside
(just trying to stay awake but in the hotel or someone's house doesn't work;
too much temptation for a nap) until after the evening meal. Presto, no jet
lag.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/