Chicago Hotel with Family

Old July 30th, 2004, 06:20 AM
Anonymous

Default Chicago Hotel with Family

We are a family of five (two adults, 13 yo, 11 yo, 8 yo). We are
flying
into Chicago in June and want to spend a day or two doing family
friendly stuff downtown (Field museum, Navy pier, Aquarium, Grant
Park,
Sears Tower, etc) before heading out to meet up with relatives in
Davenport, Iowa for a family reunion.

My experience in the Chicago area consists of only two past visits --
1)
I stayed at the Hyatt in downtown Chicago once solo while attending a

conference, and 2) spent a few days around Schaumburg on business
during
a different trip. I've been through O'Hare numerous times, but always

switching planes to go somewhere else.

Does anyone have suggestions for a family-friendly hotel in either
downtown Chicago or one of the close-in suburbs with easy (train or
other transit) access to downtown? Criteria -- Since I am paying for
this one, I'd like to keep the nightly rate to $150 or less. If we
stay
in the 'burbs, commute to downtown should be under 45 minutes (also
need
a place with weekend service). Pool for the kids a plus. Parking
might
(or might not) be an issue, depending on when we pick up the rental
car.

Thanks,

Walt
--multiplaza.nl.nu--
Old July 31st, 2004, 12:11 AM
keely

There are 2 Embassy Suites in downtown Chicago. Those would sleep 5. The
cost may be a bit more than the price you quoted but there is a breakfast
buffet with some cooked to order items included, a happy hour for the
parents in the evenings included, and indoor pools for the kids.the ocst of
breakfast for 5 might offset the higher price. I have stayed at the one on
State St years ago and it was pretty nice. I have never been in the other
one downtown. When we were in Chicago in April we picked up 3 day passes for
transit and hopped off and on the el and the busses whenever we got tired
walking