Island Princess - Ever been in C201 - 204?

Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Island Princess - Ever been in C201 - 204?

Have you ever sailed in Island Princess
Cabins C201 - C202 - C203 or C 204.
These are listed as "Ocean View Mini
Suites."
Comments please.
Thanks,
John
Old March 11th, 2006, 09:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I believe you are referring to the Caribe Deck forward (very forward)
Square footage: 300 sq ft
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
Amenities: Floor-to-ceiling windows, separate sitting area, two twin
beds that convert to a queen-size bed, spacious closet, private
bathroom with bathtub and shower, sofa bed, desk, refrigerator, and two
TVs . Now I have only had clients who sailed on this ship but word has
it that the cabins are adequate for the ship and its age. Now if you
are going to Hawaii I strongly suggest an Ocean View Cabin and a mini
suite is a nice addition. According to Carla a past client the food is
out of this world!
A whopping 90 percent of Island's cabins are oceanview. If you can
afford to upgrade to a balcony, go for it; it's not much more, and
the scenery will have you out there no matter what the weather. In a
standard room, the desk, easy chair (which is more uptight than easy),
and the cable television/refrigerator unit are consolidated near the
window or balcony. A queen-size bed separates into two twins, each with
a bedside table and lamp. The closet and dressing area are roomy, and
the bathroom with shower is more than navigable for one person at a
time.

Like I say food is the attraction and a Mud Slide for a drink (for me
please!) is the best!
Bordeaux and Provence (main dining rooms)
Gleaming with frosted glass partitions and polished brass, the two
indistinguishable main dining rooms ease you into an inviting,
white-tablecloth atmosphere. The single story spaces accommodate plenty
of tables for two, as well as congenial groupings of six and eight. In
Bordeaux, open 5:30-10 PM for personal choice dining, you'll get to
chat with different tablemates at every meal. Provence's traditional
set dining, at 5:30 and 7:45 PM, allows you to build friendships with
the same folks night after night and be entertained by familiar
waiters. On Alaska cruises flavors of the North infuse such main
courses as Alaskan king crab legs, chicken Kiev, and venison Inupiat
style, while classic Caesar salads and shrimp cocktails are always on
hand. Provence diners eagerly await the show of flaming baked Alaskas
for the last night's dessert.

Sabatini's Trattoria
An endless-course meal of Italy's alta cucina is yours for $20 in
this alluring trattoria. Choose only the main course; the parade of
foccacia, caviar, melon, soup, and pasta starts instantly. Can't
decide between lobster tail, halibut, or scallops? Upon request, the
chef will prepare you a plate with the best seafood samplings of the
day, all perfectly cooked and lavishly brushed with champagne butter.

Bayou Café & Steakhouse
Louisiana struts her spicy stuff to a live jazz trio at the dark and
clubby Bayou. For a fixed $15, satisfy an urge for Southern cooking
with barbequed gator ribs that taste (thankfully) like chicken,
blackened Sterling Silver bone-in New York strip steak that's
perfectly peppered but requires a sharper knife than the one provided,
and the shrimp piquante (flavorful, but overcooked). The sweet potato
pie makes up for shortcomings, and a complimentary Mardi Gras necklace
at each place adds a bit of jocularity. Lunch takes place from noon to
2 PM; dinner, 6-11 PM.

Old March 11th, 2006, 10:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"travelexpert" wrote in message

I believe you are referring to the Caribe Deck forward (very forward)

Square footage: 300 sq ft

HOLY MACKEREL! I was wrong. "Travelexpert isn't Ron Lovett.... he is
really Ann Bieri.

And Ann Bieri wrote:
http://www.traveljet.com/princess-cr...d-princess.htm

"Gleaming with frosted glass partitions and polished brass, the two
indistinguishable main dining rooms ease you into an inviting,
white-tablecloth atmosphere."

Just how many faces does Travelexpert have? I know! He has multiple
personalities and is also able to have "out-of-body" experiences so he/she
can review all these ships at the same time. His "travelexpert" identity is
just the central clearinghouse for all these wandering cruise review
spirits.

Yeah, that's the ticket. He and his wife Morgan Fairchild actually take all
these cruises.... in fact... they live on a ship where he is the Captain...
yeah... I mean... the Commodore.....

--
George Leppla http://www.countryside-travel.com

Cruise Specials BLOG http://www.countryside-travel.com/3834677_6105.htm
October 29, 2006 - SLEAZY 4! http://cruisemaster.com/sleazy4.htm
February 10, 2007 - Valentine's Group - http://cruisemaster.com/grandeur.htm

Old March 12th, 2006, 02:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

And Ann Bieri wrote:
http://www.traveljet.com/princess-cr...d-princess.htm

"Gleaming with frosted glass partitions and polished brass, the two
indistinguishable main dining rooms ease you into an inviting,
white-tablecloth atmosphere."

Just how many faces does Travelexpert have? I know! He has multiple
personalities and is also able to have "out-of-body" experiences so he/she
can review all these ships at the same time. His "travelexpert" identity is
just the central clearinghouse for all these wandering cruise review
spirits.

Yeah, that's the ticket. He and his wife Morgan Fairchild actually take all
these cruises.... in fact... they live on a ship where he is the Captain...
yeah... I mean... the Commodore.....

OMG George. Too funny. made me spit out my food. ROFL!

Bill

--
Visit my Caribbean Princess website:
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com
Old March 13th, 2006, 02:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake Bill C :

And Ann Bieri wrote:
http://www.traveljet.com/princess-cr...d-princess.htm

"Gleaming with frosted glass partitions and polished brass, the two
indistinguishable main dining rooms ease you into an inviting,
white-tablecloth atmosphere."

Just how many faces does Travelexpert have? I know! He has multiple
personalities and is also able to have "out-of-body" experiences so he/she
can review all these ships at the same time. His "travelexpert" identity is
just the central clearinghouse for all these wandering cruise review
spirits.

Yeah, that's the ticket. He and his wife Morgan Fairchild actually take all
these cruises.... in fact... they live on a ship where he is the Captain...
yeah... I mean... the Commodore.....

OMG George. Too funny. made me spit out my food. ROFL!

Bill

Bill, it's traditional to spray your monitor with coffee, beer or
soda. Food is totally outside of the social norms for Usenet.
--
dillon

Could have been is in the past
Could be is in the future
There is only the now
Old March 13th, 2006, 06:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Dillon Pyron wrote:
Thus spake Bill C :

And Ann Bieri wrote:
[...]

I'll have to reread the FAQ next time it's posted. lol. ;-

Bill