Question? about a shop selling cheesecake in New York

Old June 8th, 2004, 02:02 AM
~~ Ray ~~

Default Question? about a shop selling cheesecake in New York

Hi i've been to New York other week and brought a really nice cheesecake. I
had the web address written down, but i may have got it wrong. I was
wondering if anyone can help me and find the web address again.

I remember it as something like:-

www.concoscheesecake.com or maybe www.cosconcheesecake.com
of course both address isnt right...... its www..........cheesecake.com is
as much as i could remember.

Can anyone help?

--

Ray -

\\ l l l //
(@ @)
____________ oOO-(_)-OOo____________

Old June 8th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Watcher

"~~ Ray ~~" wrote in message news:bb8xc.832$YZ1.119@newsfe6-win...
Hi i've been to New York other week and brought a really nice cheesecake. I
had the web address written down, but i may have got it wrong. I was
wondering if anyone can help me and find the web address again.

I remember it as something like:-

www.concoscheesecake.com or maybe www.cosconcheesecake.com
of course both address isnt right...... its www..........cheesecake.com is
as much as i could remember.

Can anyone help?

Dunno. But I had cheesecake at Lindy's (across the street from Stage
Deli) a couple of weeks ago. $8 for a slice, and it was terrible. I
like a dense cheesecake, and this was fluffy and flavorless. A big
disappointment.
Old June 9th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Bob Fusillo

Forty or so years ago I gave myself a challenge -- I wanted to find the best
cheescake on central Broadway. I started on early afternoon at the Automat
in Times Square and ate my way to 59th street. After eleven pieces I decided
that Lindy's was the best, so I went back down and had another piece.
Alas, Lindy's was sold. Some years later a corporation bought the name and
started making cheesecake, which is what you got. Ghastly.
But what is all this doing on the Europe site?
rjf

"

Old June 9th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Pan

It's been a few years since I lived in NYC. Is Junior's in Brooklyn (on
Flatbush Ave. a mile or so from the Manhattan Bridge) still there? They
were famous for their cheesecakes.

Pan

Old June 9th, 2004, 12:39 AM
~~ Ray ~~

easy, someone must have travelled about and somewhere i will find this
person.... which i have.

just that there website is down

Old June 9th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Ann B.

Junior's is still there. And still has the best cheesecake in NYC.
They also have awebsite and do ship anywhere in the states but not
sure about overseas. A relative of mine who lived in Brooklyn then
moved to the pacific northwest still gets cravings for Junior's
cheesecake so orders them online for special occasions. Seems they
travel well!

Ann

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:35:04 -0400, "Pan" wrote:

[...]

Cheers,
Ann

To email: replace 'REMOVE' with 'b' in email address.
Old June 9th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Joe Clancy

(Watcher) wrote in message . com...
"~~ Ray ~~" wrote in message news:bb8xc.832$YZ1.119@newsfe6-win...
Hi i've been to New York other week and brought a really nice cheesecake. I
had the web address written down, but i may have got it wrong. I was
wondering if anyone can help me and find the web address again.

I remember it as something like:-

www.concoscheesecake.com or maybe www.cosconcheesecake.com
of course both address isnt right...... its www..........cheesecake.com is
as much as i could remember.

Can anyone help?

Dunno. But I had cheesecake at Lindy's (across the street from Stage
Deli) a couple of weeks ago. $8 for a slice, and it was terrible. I
like a dense cheesecake, and this was fluffy and flavorless. A big
disappointment.

The World Famous "JUINOR'S" on Flatbush Ave in Brooklyn, no one comes close!!
Old June 9th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Or you can try making your own.

http://www.recipesource.com/desserts.../juniors1.html

Old June 9th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Joe Clancy wrote:

(Watcher) wrote in message . com...

"~~ Ray ~~" wrote in message news:bb8xc.832$YZ1.119@newsfe6-win...

Hi i've been to New York other week and brought a really nice cheesecake. I
had the web address written down, but i may have got it wrong. I was
wondering if anyone can help me and find the web address again.

I remember it as something like:-

www.concoscheesecake.com or maybe www.cosconcheesecake.com
of course both address isnt right...... its www..........cheesecake.com is
as much as i could remember.

Can anyone help?

Dunno. But I had cheesecake at Lindy's (across the street from Stage
Deli) a couple of weeks ago. $8 for a slice, and it was terrible. I
like a dense cheesecake, and this was fluffy and flavorless. A big
disappointment.

The World Famous "JUINOR'S" on Flatbush Ave in Brooklyn, no one comes close!!

You don't like the one in Manhattan?

Old June 10th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Joe Clancy

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message ...
Joe Clancy wrote:

[...]

I live only 5 minutes away from "Juinor's" and as far I know there is
only one Junior's and have been a customer for more than 30 years.
There is a "Junior's Restaurant" at G.C.Sta. but I don't believe this
is owned by the Rosen Family.
When I think Chessecake, I think "JUINOR'S"!!!

Enjoy
Joe