Just booked 2

Old March 13th, 2006, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Just booked 2

Just booked 2 cruises for this summer.

1) One day dinner/dance on the Norwegian Spirit Father's Day.
Never cruised NCL before and this will let me sample.
Just my wife and me

2) 9 day Crown Princess out of Brooklyn in July to Grand Turk,
St Thomas, San Juan and Bermuda. First time on Princess.
Traveling with our 2 teens (18 and 13) Had to take an quad Ocean View
but am on a waiting list for a quad balcony. also had to take personal
choice dining since the traditional dining venue was wait list only.

looking forward to a fun summer

Have done Bermuda before and the Western Caribbean on RCL's VOS
Have also sailed Carnival to Canada and QM 2's independence weekend
cruise. I'm a cruise addict, no doubt about it.

Paul
Old March 13th, 2006, 08:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

(call this market reserach)

Did you book directly with the cruise line or through an agent? What
was you thought process for the decision?

Ciao!
AWB

Old March 13th, 2006, 09:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Paul Krause" wrote in message
news
Just booked 2 cruises for this summer.
1) One day dinner/dance on the Norwegian Spirit Father's Day.
Never cruised NCL before and this will let me sample.
Just my wife and me

Paul, you picked the perfect NCL ship...too bad it is just one day..The
Norwegian Spirit is a big favorite of mine!

2) 9 day Crown Princess out of Brooklyn in July to Grand Turk,
St Thomas, San Juan and Bermuda. First time on Princess.
Traveling with our 2 teens (18 and 13) Had to take an quad Ocean View
but am on a waiting list for a quad balcony. also had to take personal
choice dining since the traditional dining venue was wait list only.

You will have to post your review on this one for sure, as we (SGC2006) are
taking her on the same itinerary on August 25th this year! It will be
interesting to hear what you think of her!

looking forward to a fun summer

Sounds like you have are accomplishing that!
We are trying to do the same, we have the Celebrity Mercury 10 day cruise to
the Mexican Riviera in April with our good friends from Canada, a month's
car travel ;ending up at a Maryland Bash at Ermalee's in June, Crown
Princess in August and then the Carnival (Sleazy3) Conquest over Halloween.
Who knows what else may come up! ;-)
We are both definitely cruise addicts!
Enjoy your summer!

--Jean

Old March 13th, 2006, 09:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

My process is
1) available dates
Would have liked a Boston to Montreal Holland America Cruise, but it
didn't fit my schedule
2) itineraries
the one day bermuda stop was one key in this instance. we love Bermuda
3) My budget
Looked at 7 Day land sea Disney World/Disney Wonder but price was beyond
my budget
4) Port of departure in the following order
NYC Metro area (Bayonne, Manhattan, Brooklyn)
Phil, Balt, Norfolk, Boston
5) desire to sample another cruise line
although I have yet to have a bad experience, but have seen some shows
more than once when traveling the same line
6) regularly read Cruise Travel magazine for info and reviews on
Cruisecritic.com
7) check any mailings
in this case I had a mailing from Princess offering a $150 shipboard
credit and one year of National Geographic. - this was a bonus as I
would have booked anyway
8) Wait for my son's decision on a college... he picked the one offering
him a full tuition scholarship in his major interest area which means we
can fit a cruise into our budget this year
10) select cruise, check cruise web sites, and travel web sites
Just to gather info
11) call my TA who has always been very helpful (Ive used Cruise
Planners the last 4 years) The TA did come in slightly cheaper than the
cruise line web sites. His availability was better than travel websites,
some of which said the cruises I wanted were fully booked. He was also
able to get me on a waiting list should a balcony open up at a later date
TA also helps selecting insurance with the best company for my needs and
explaining any options I may have.
12) Rejoice,relax and enjoy with anticipation... everything is set

Paul

Old March 13th, 2006, 10:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Love # 8. Congrats to your son & to you and your wife!

Enjoy both cruises, Paul.

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX

Old March 14th, 2006, 12:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Paul Krause" wrote in message
news
Just booked 2 cruises for this summer.

1) One day dinner/dance on the Norwegian Spirit Father's Day.
Never cruised NCL before and this will let me sample.
Just my wife and me

What's a one day dinner/dance? You roam around the ship for one day and
never leave port?

Old March 14th, 2006, 03:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article et,
"Von Fourche" wrote:

"Paul Krause" wrote in message
news
Just booked 2 cruises for this summer.

1) One day dinner/dance on the Norwegian Spirit Father's Day.
Never cruised NCL before and this will let me sample.
Just my wife and me

What's a one day dinner/dance? You roam around the ship for one day and
never leave port?

You board the ship around noon on Sat for a 4 PM departure and return
the next day at 10:30 AM... it is a cruise to nowhere
Old March 14th, 2006, 03:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Paul Krause wrote:

What's a one day dinner/dance? You roam around the ship for one day and
never leave port?

You board the ship around noon on Sat for a 4 PM departure and return
the next day at 10:30 AM... it is a cruise to nowhere

That sounds like a great idea -- unless the lifeboat drill is longer
than usual.
Old March 14th, 2006, 02:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Von Fourche" :

"Paul Krause" wrote in message
news
Just booked 2 cruises for this summer.

1) One day dinner/dance on the Norwegian Spirit Father's Day.
Never cruised NCL before and this will let me sample.
Just my wife and me

What's a one day dinner/dance? You roam around the ship for one day
and never leave port?

Well, I have taken my girlfriend on a 6 hour cruise on a small lake. Dinner
and dancing included. Even a night out like that is a relief on the old
standard night out. You are out of the house, when you are on deck you have
the beeze coming off the water, and you don't have the long waiting lines for
tables that you get at the very popular or very good but very small
restaurants.

Paul sounds like you got it made, enjoy.

Earl Colby Pottinger
--
Cruising, building a Catamaran, Rebuilding Cabin, New Peroxide Still Design,
Writting SF, Programming FOSS - What happened to the time?