T1 showers for fee [was: Public showers in Heathrow T1 and T3 -- experiences]

Old October 12th, 2003, 09:01 AM
David Ing

Default T1 showers for fee [was: Public showers in Heathrow T1 and T3 -- experiences]

I didn't actually need a shower when I arrived at Heathrow, but
thought that I would post information for others who may.

The series of passages from Terminal 3 towards Terminal 1 didn't lead
me past any showers, so I'll need to take a look on the way back.

After taking the bus to Terminal 1, the check-in counter for British
Airways (and others) is at the top of a long escalator ride. I then
took an escalator down to a middle level, where the shopping and
departures are. A little bit after getting off that escalator, the
smoking room is to the right, and showers are to the left.

These don't appear to be the same arrangement as described for
Terminal 3. The door had a paper sign put up -- so it may be recent
-- that the showers are run by a company named Indigo. They charge
2GBP if you bring your own towel, and 3GBP if you use their towels. I
didn't actually go in, but there appeared to be a front desk to check
in, and then a series of doors behind -- I could see at least 3 or 4
-- that are presumably the showers.

Thus, the facilities appear to be better organized than I expected.