Chiang Mai- Eagle Guesthouse

Old October 30th, 2003, 10:47 PM
silke h.

Default Chiang Mai- Eagle Guesthouse

Hei!
Is there anyone who can give me some more info about the Eagle Guesthouse
in Chiang Mai? I will travel to Chiang Mai in december and search for a
cheap and clean accommodation there.Will like also to go trekking and would
like to become some more details about the offer they have directly from the
Guesthouse.

Thanks.

--
Silke H.

Old October 31st, 2003, 11:00 AM
Lutz Lennardt

silke h. wrote:

Is there anyone who can give me some more info about the Eagle Guesthouse
in Chiang Mai?

Here I am.

I will travel to Chiang Mai in december and search for a
cheap and clean accommodation there.

I stayed in "Eagle One" and "Eagle Two" last december/january.
I can recommend both:
Eagle One is small and has a nice little garden. It is somewhat
older, the rooms are cheaper.
Eagle Two is bigger, has more rooms, more travellers and the tour desk for
organizing trekking tours is at hand.

In both houses the young staff is very friendly and helpful.

Will like also to go trekking and would
like to become some more details about the offer they have directly from
the Guesthouse.

You found it in the internet?
Then you will know about the programs they offer.

I can very much recommend the 3 day trip. It was a great experience with
a mixed group of 12 people from all over the world, walking through rice
fields, forests, crossing rivers several times and sleeping in villages
of the indigenous people.

At night you sleep in huts on the ground (all in one room). It`s a little
bit hard for your bones, so you should take an insulation mat.

The sleeping bags they offer for free are very thin and too cold in
winter. So you better bring your own. On the other hand, you have to carry
it all the time.

If you have the time, go for the 4 day trip. It is said to be more relaxed.

(By the way, you can leave your luggage in the luggages storing room and
do not have to pay for the room in the meantime.)

I also enjoyed the Thai cooking academy - great! You start in the morning
with buying everything from the market - wonderful smells and views! - and
afterwards prepare a meal of four or five courses.

If I ever return to Chiiang Mai again, I will return to Eagle House!

Regards,
Lutz

Old November 7th, 2003, 11:48 PM
zZ

Don't worry in Chiang Mai. You'll always find a cheap and clean
accommodation, that's one of the best of Chiang Mai.