Shore excursion to Disney

Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Default Shore excursion to Disney

[Default] Thus spake "John Sisker" :

"Joe C" wrote in message
Hey all,
We're cruising in July to Florida and the Bahamas
with NCL and thinking about taking the trip to
Disney from Port Canaveral. We should disembark
at 12:00 noon and be back by 10:00 PM. Has anyone
taken this trip that can help us with the timing. How
long would we really be at Disney ? Thanks, Joe

The distance from Port Canaveral to Disney is around a good hour of driving
time each way. So you need to leave enough time just for that. In fact, if
you could devote more time for a Disney visit, you would be far better off.
We spent 6 days at Disney, after our 7 day Eastern Caribbean Disney cruise,
and it still wasn't enough time. If you sill want to go anyone, just pick
one of the 4 main amusement parks. If this will be your first visit, you
have the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney Studio and the Animal Kingdom to
choose from. Likewise, if you have ever been Disneyland in California,
forget the Florida magic Kingdom - they are quite similar. Personally, if I
only had a limited time, I would pick EPCOT over both the studio and the
animal kingdom as well. In addition, EPCOT is divided into two main areas-
Future World and the World Showcase. Just pick on of these, and you should
do pretty good.

Epcot's too big to do in what would essentially be 8 hours.

I wouldn't take that excursion at all. Like you said, 6 days isn't
enough for us.

I'd opt for KSC.

Than plan on going back again when you have a lot more time.

But most of all, have fun.

John Sisker

--

- dillon I am not invalid

The more I drink, the less I think. The less I think,
the better I feel. The better I feel, the more I drink.
And so goes the circle of life.