The Atomic Ocean Liner

Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Default The Atomic Ocean Liner

[Default] Thus spake Tom K :

On 3/27/10 10:02 PM, Charles wrote:
In , Lee
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:55:00 -0400, Tom
wrote:

wrong. Even in the US we had the Three Mile Island Melt Down which
released a massive amount of Radiation.

There was no melt-down at three mile island, but saying so does add to
hysteria.

There was a partial meltdown of the core.

However there was not a massive amount of radiation released.

And health studies done so far not shown evidence of any abnormal
number of cancers in the area near Three Mile Island.

From Washington Post...

Study Links Three Mile Island Radiation Releases to Higher Cancer Rates
By Joby Warrick
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, February 24, 1997; Page A06

Researchers have linked radiation releases from the Three Mile Island
nuclear plant to higher cancer rates in nearby communities in a study
that could reopen debate over the nation's worst commercial nuclear
accident.

The report, released today, concludes that increases in lung cancer and
leukemia near the Pennsylvania plant suggest a much greater release of
radiation during the 1979 accident than had been believed. snip

Refreed studies please.

BTW, those suggestions have been throughly refuted.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

The more I drink, the less I think. The less I think,
the better I feel. The better I feel, the more I drink.
And so goes the circle of life.