GGC2004 Wine Exchange???

Old November 22nd, 2003, 05:27 AM
Brenda Danner

Default GGC2004 Wine Exchange???

Hey all you GGC2004 cruisers!!!

Are you interested in having a wine exchange on this year's cruise?
It has become a tradition of sorts to bring a bottle of local wine to
share. I am suggesting that we continue that tradition for those
intersted.

I like the microbrew exchange myself but that has become increasingly
difficult to get beer aboard.

Is anyone out there with me??

Brenda Danner --likes to see what interesting things others bring.
Old November 22nd, 2003, 05:45 AM
*muffin*

Yup count me in!!

I can still remember bringing our 'brews' to the 1st one.... sitting out
back on the deck of the Norwegian sky,, about a dozen souls ....... (hey
Mike Quint, you still have pics of the event??)

too bad its so hard to get beer onboard,,, but the wine exchange is so much
fun,, & you do NOT even have to bring any to join in,, we usually have
wayyyy too much left over ,, & even if you don't drink its another reason
to gather with your fellow GGC'ers!

anyone know what the regs are on bringing wine etc onboard RCCL???
things change so much.. our recent carnival cruise, they didn't bat an eye
on our cooler,, but the previous carnival one, we got flack from some
security person,, "NO WINE" no way no how......... but we finally got past
that. Princess didn't say anything either.

Muffin willing to pack beer in luggage,, if anyone else wants to exchange
that again.

om...

Old November 22nd, 2003, 11:54 AM
Peter Berlin

For those that don't want to carry their own wine...We will
be having another wine tasting onboard the GGC this year. I
will be "bringing" all the wine, so not to worry!

Your Wino Host
Peter

--
Peter Berlin
Peter Berlin's Travel Center http://peterberlin.com

Old November 22nd, 2003, 02:23 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article , Brenda
Danner wrote:

Hey all you GGC2004 cruisers!!!

Are you interested in having a wine exchange on this year's cruise?
It has become a tradition of sorts to bring a bottle of local wine to
share. I am suggesting that we continue that tradition for those
intersted.

I like the microbrew exchange myself but that has become increasingly
difficult to get beer aboard.

Is anyone out there with me??

Brenda Danner --likes to see what interesting things others bring.

Great idea, let's do it again!

--
Lloyd

Carnival Tropicale 2000
GGC2002 Carnival Sensation
GGC2003 Golden Princess
GGC2004 Radiance of the Seas
GLC2005 Celebrity Millenium
Old November 22nd, 2003, 06:01 PM
Mary Foster

Brenda, I'm all for it! It's so much fun tasting the local wines from all
over the country, the unique and unknown creations of small wineries, and
sometimes discovering a real gem! Remember the one "Made by the gnomes in
the shadow of Mt. Spokane"? Yes, let's do it!
mary

Old November 22nd, 2003, 07:49 PM
BSaad107

We also enjoyed the wine exchange last year & will again participate. It was
nice in conjunction with the wine steward from ship letting us taste some also.
If I read Peter's post correctly...Peter hosted it...Thanks Peter!

I also have the blue topaz necklaces to give to my 2 granddaughter this
Christmas.
That was also a nice surprise from the Berlin's.

Subject: GGC2004 Wine Exchange???

Old November 23rd, 2003, 08:04 PM
Becca

discovering a real gem! Remember the one "Made by the gnomes in
the shadow of Mt. Spokane"? Yes, let's do it!

Mary, I knew they made wine in California and New York. After
attending my first GGC wine exchange, I was surprised to learn that
wine is made almost everywhere in the US and Canada.

I am not a wine drinker, but I will bring a bottle of wine from Texas.

Becca -----let me know when/where...

GGC http://www.ggc2004.com/
Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm