Top hotel in Kuala Lumpur

Old December 11th, 2003, 03:11 PM
tom

Default Top hotel in Kuala Lumpur

I hope this newsgroup can help me.
I need to know which is the best hotel in Kuala Lumpur for vacation purpose.
Thats defined by a hotel which has the best luxury and comfort and is
located in a nice location.
Previously I was told the Hotel of the Golden Horses is the best.
Yet, when I did further research, I realize that the hotel, even though it
hosted leaders like Bill Clinton and the Queen, is located miles away from
anywhere. It has a few expensive restaurants and then there is no
attractions. Due to the massive traffic jams, travelling by taxi to and fro
city centre could be a pain.

So, for a business traveller wanting to vacation in Kuala Lumpur for a few
days and not mind spending some cash, what would be a nice choice?
I heard Ritz Carlton, Mandarin Oriental, Westin and Sheraton Subang are
amongst the best. Am I correct ?

Can reply to my email
just get rid of the words nospam on the email address before you reply

Tom

Old December 12th, 2003, 10:07 AM
RaT

Hi

As you say the Golden Horse id a long way from KL centre. The best choice
for quality/location is the Mandarin Oriental or the JW Marriot. The MO is
located adjacent to the KLCC shopping centre and also the Petronas twin
towers. Plenty of shops, restaurants etc next door. (hotel food obviously
expensive) There is also a supermarket in the shopping centre (basement
level) The shopping centre also has a station on the monorail system which
is very good and cheap to use (all brand new) I have personally stayed here
several times a year and can highly recommend it. The JW Marriot is also in
a good central location with numerous bars, restaurants shops etc next door.
Probably a better selection within walking distance than the MO. However I
haven't stayed at the JW so can't comment on the hotel. However I would have
no hesitation staying there.
Hope this helps.

Old December 12th, 2003, 04:08 PM
GR

I can recommend the Mandarin Oriental too - a luxury hotel that's very
affordable and about as well-situated as you could want, literally
right next door to the Petronas towers and only a few minutes' walk
from the KLCC subway station.
Old December 12th, 2003, 04:13 PM

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:11:59 +0800, "tom" tom@nospam wrote:

[...]

I like The Regent in Jln Bukit Bintang.
Very nice pool, excellent chinese restaurant. Shopping malls virtually
opposite eg Lot 10 BB plaza star hill plaza. Very helpful concierge
staff. Stayed there many times.

Will be there next Tues & Wed night as it happens.

Tom

(Remove farm for correct email address)
Old December 13th, 2003, 03:00 AM
Don

tom wrote:
I hope this newsgroup can help me.
I need to know which is the best hotel in Kuala Lumpur for vacation purpose.
Thats defined by a hotel which has the best luxury and comfort and is
located in a nice location.

Sheraton Imperial.

Don

Old December 14th, 2003, 02:29 AM
ks

any hotel that does not have pesky singaporians staying there is a top
hotel.

Old December 14th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Markku Grönroos

they are whipped on Bukit Street.

Old December 14th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Miguel Cruz

Markku Grönroos wrote:
"ks" wrote:
any hotel that does not have pesky singaporians staying there is a top
hotel.

they are whipped on Bukit Street.

And don't forget, they whip a couple in the transfer lounge at Changi each
day for the benefit of passengers on short layovers.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old December 14th, 2003, 01:00 PM
ks

actually they are whipped in chani prison compound, however the
compound is open to the public on the whipping days.

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:25:04 +0200, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

they are whipped on Bukit Street.

.. .