Is Cancun the BEST deal for all inclusive?

Old May 20th, 2004, 10:02 PM

Default Is Cancun the BEST deal for all inclusive?

Ive been thinking abt taking my 28 yr old nephew on a trip as a high
school graduation present. We are very close....and he is off to
college next year

I priced a 7 day/6 night trip to Oahu and it was $2200. Ouch!

Im in north Missouri and would be leaving from St louis. Can go any
time from now till 3rd week of July. After that my nephew has to be at
college for orientation, etc.

Can I get a much better deal going to Cancun? Ive NEVER been to
Cancun.... but have been to hawaii a few years ago. Hence the
questions

Advice?
Old May 22nd, 2004, 02:57 AM
Brian K

On 05/21/2004 7:25 AM Dave plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:

wrote in message . ..

Ive been thinking abt taking my 28 yr old nephew on a trip as a high
school graduation present. We are very close....and he is off to
college next year

How many years do people go to high school in Missouri? If you can't
explain "Show me".

Normally, I don't recommend Cancun due to its Spring Break culture
24/7. Damn, a 28 year old nephew just finishing high school. Sounds
like he'd fit in real good at Carlos & Charlie's or Senior Frog's.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old May 22nd, 2004, 03:58 PM

Normally, I don't recommend Cancun due to its Spring Break culture
24/7. Damn, a 28 year old nephew just finishing high school. Sounds
like he'd fit in real good at Carlos & Charlie's or Senior Frog's.

That's was a typo. He is 18 .... not 26. lol

So if you do NOT like Cancun for its spring break culture 24/7.....
then what places do you recommend?
Old May 22nd, 2004, 08:42 PM
Brian K

On 05/22/2004 10:58 AM plucked Senior Frog's Magic
Twanger and said:

Normally, I don't recommend Cancun due to its Spring Break culture
24/7. Damn, a 28 year old nephew just finishing high school. Sounds
like he'd fit in real good at Carlos & Charlie's or Senior Frog's.

That's was a typo. He is 18 .... not 26. lol

So if you do NOT like Cancun for its spring break culture 24/7.....
then what places do you recommend?

Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos, Akumal, Tulum Beach. The North end
of Playa is the most unspoiled part of town. Lots of nice clean little
hotels. You can walk to the main tourist area and take a ferry to
Cozumel for a day trip to Chankanab beach and undersea park. Playacar
is where all the All Inclusive places are found. At least the area
isn't overly built up like Cancun, only one high rise on the beach that
I recall.

Puerto Morelos is only a little way from Cancun. It's still mostly a
little sleepy fishing village. But, you can rent a casa for a month and
get your own maid/cook, gardener/pool boy/ tour guide all thrown in for
a ridiculously low price. Several vacation rentals have web pages and
if you shop around you can get an truly great vacation for dollars.

Akumal has grown over the years. Great fishing and diving. It's close
by to Tulum and several smaller Mayan sites. Tulum beach has a healthy
mix of A.I., Bed & Breakfast Posadas, and Cabañas. If you don't mind
roughing it, you can stay in a cabaña right on the beach. They are very
popular with divers and fishermen and get-away-from-it-all vacationers.
An enclosed palapa, some are upscale and have hot/cold running water,
electricity, in room safes, room service, swimming pool, jacuzzi and
satellite tv. They are in the $55.00 - $90.00 per day range. The no
electricity, no floor only sand, no A/C, mosquito net over bed or
hammock, pvt. bath with solar heated shower can go for as little as
$35.00 a day. You can find out about both the off-the-beaten-path and
big deluxe luxury All Inclusives at
http://playadelcarmeninfo.com web
site and forum. It's a very active forum moderated by folks who
actually live in or near Playa del Carmen.

--
________

Old May 23rd, 2004, 02:35 AM
Sam

:
: So if you do NOT like Cancun for its spring break culture 24/7.....
: then what places do you recommend?

Cuba, Costa Rica or the Dominican Republic.

Old May 24th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Brian K

On 05/22/2004 9:35 PM Sam plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:

wrote in message
.. .
: That's was a typo. He is 18 .... not 26. lol
:
: So if you do NOT like Cancun for its spring break culture 24/7.....
: then what places do you recommend?

Cuba, Costa Rica or the Dominican Republic.

The Original Poster is a US Citizen. Cuba is not a good idea what with
the Bushies renewed effort to prosecute anyone who dares go there and
spend US Dollars there.

--
________

Old May 24th, 2004, 03:50 PM

So if you do NOT like Cancun for its spring break culture 24/7.....
then what places do you recommend?

Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos, Akumal, Tulum Beach. The North end
of Playa is the most unspoiled part of town.

Fantastic info Brian!! Thanks!

Well ... I went to a local travel agent Sat and booked an all
inclusive.

It is a 4 night deal and am staying in the Riviera Maya are....at the
Bahia Principe Tulum resort

Travel agent told me this was a nice place....and its a bit south of
Cancun. Little quieter place... unlike Cancun

I decide to take it with the idea that me and my 18 yr old nephew can
take a bus back up to Cancun for the day if he wants to see more
"action" as far as bars and malls and such. Plus we can also take a
short bus ride down to Playa Del Carmen area if we desire.

Bottom line...I decided to stay right in the "middle".

Do you know anything of this place? Did I do good staying in this are
and place?

Cost was $1620 for 4 nights....and is with Apple vacations
Old June 14th, 2004, 02:57 AM
V Crenshaw

I've been to the Cancun area 5 times. Try looking at the Flamingo
http://www.flamingocancun.com/ You can get all
inclusive or European Plan. I've never done th all inclusive. It think
it's a nice enough place, not high end
but totally not a dump. I've stayed there twice.