Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Jim Logajan

Default Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

The Starmaker wrote:
airplanes...all they do is CRASH!

Usenet cross-posters ... all they do is TROLL!

Who knows how many airplanes crash a year..thousands.

The NTSB knows:
http://www.ntsb.gov/aviation/Stats.htm

A total of 534 aviation fatalities in 2009 in the U.S.

By comparison, allegedly 450 deaths per year occurred in the U.S. due to
people falling out of bed:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/mo...-involving-bed
Possible supporting stats he
http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/nursing.htm

Another perspective: there were a total of 366 weather-caused deaths in
the U.S.:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/hazstats/sum09.pdf
General NOAA weather hazard stats page:
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/hazstats.shtml

BOTTOM LINE:
You ain't safe in bed or outdoors - so may as well have some fun flying!
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
george[_2_]

On Jul 3, 10:12*am, Jim Logajan wrote:
The Starmaker wrote:
airplanes...all they do is CRASH!

Usenet cross-posters ... all they do is TROLL!

Who knows how many airplanes crash a year..thousands.

The NTSB knows:http://www.ntsb.gov/aviation/Stats.htm

A total of 534 aviation fatalities in 2009 in the U.S.

By comparison, allegedly 450 deaths per year occurred in the U.S. due to
people falling out of bed:

I'd hate to know what your road fatality figures are yet the trolling
one (if old enough) must drive.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
The Starmaker

The Starmaker wrote:
airplanes...all they do is CRASH!

Usenet cross-posters ... all they do is TROLL!

Who knows how many airplanes crash a year..thousands.

The NTSB knows:http://www.ntsb.gov/aviation/Stats.htm

A total of 534 aviation fatalities in 2009 in the U.S.

By comparison, allegedly 450 deaths per year occurred in the U.S. due to
people falling out of bed:

I'd hate to know what your road fatality figures are yet the trolling
one (if old enough) must drive.

There are a lot more cars on the ground than planes in the air...

If I run out of gasoline, or my car..stalls, I'm not going to crash into
the ground!
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

In rec.aviation.piloting george wrote:
On Jul 3, 10:12Â*am, Jim Logajan wrote:
The Starmaker wrote:
airplanes...all they do is CRASH!

Usenet cross-posters ... all they do is TROLL!

Who knows how many airplanes crash a year..thousands.

The NTSB knows:http://www.ntsb.gov/aviation/Stats.htm

A total of 534 aviation fatalities in 2009 in the U.S.

By comparison, allegedly 450 deaths per year occurred in the U.S. due to
people falling out of bed:

I'd hate to know what your road fatality figures are yet the trolling
one (if old enough) must drive.

That would require a job in order to pay for the car, gas, and insurance.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
The Starmaker

Jim Logajan wrote:

The Starmaker wrote:
airplanes...all they do is CRASH!

Usenet cross-posters ... all they do is TROLL!

Who knows how many airplanes crash a year..thousands.

The NTSB knows:
http://www.ntsb.gov/aviation/Stats.htm

A total of 534 aviation fatalities in 2009 in the U.S.

By comparison, allegedly 450 deaths per year occurred in the U.S. due to
people falling out of bed:

Are you comparing how many people are *in* bed with how many planes there are in the air?

There are not 300 million airplanes in the sky...

Planes crash because....they run out of whatever keeps them up in the air...

The Starmaker

You put a washing machine in the air...you better have enough quaters to keep it flying.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Jim Logajan

The Starmaker wrote:
If I run out of gasoline, or my car..stalls, I'm not going to crash
into the ground!

Ha - I've flown aircraft that had no gasoline or other fuel and never
crashed into the ground!

(I was piloting a glider....)
Old July 3rd, 2010, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Jim Logajan

The Starmaker wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:

The Starmaker wrote:
airplanes...all they do is CRASH!

Usenet cross-posters ... all they do is TROLL!

Who knows how many airplanes crash a year..thousands.

The NTSB knows:
http://www.ntsb.gov/aviation/Stats.htm

A total of 534 aviation fatalities in 2009 in the U.S.

By comparison, allegedly 450 deaths per year occurred in the U.S. due
to people falling out of bed:

Are you comparing how many people are *in* bed with how many planes
there are in the air?

There are not 300 million airplanes in the sky...

But U.S. airlines carried 704 million passengers in 2009:

http://www.bts.gov/press_releases/20...bts029_10.html

(And that was a down year.)

Planes crash because....they run out of whatever keeps them up in the
air...

People crash out of bed because....they run out of safety blankets.

You put a washing machine in the air...you better have enough quaters
to keep it flying.

That's probably why bricks plummet to the ground: no place to insert
quarters.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
The Starmaker

Jim Logajan wrote:

The Starmaker wrote:
If I run out of gasoline, or my car..stalls, I'm not going to crash
into the ground!

Ha - I've flown aircraft that had no gasoline or other fuel and never
crashed into the ground!

(I was piloting a glider....)

That doesn't mean that gliders don't crash...

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q...ed=0CDcQsAQwBQ
Old July 3rd, 2010, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
The Starmaker

The Starmaker wrote:

Jim Logajan wrote:

The Starmaker wrote:
If I run out of gasoline, or my car..stalls, I'm not going to crash
into the ground!

Ha - I've flown aircraft that had no gasoline or other fuel and never
crashed into the ground!

(I was piloting a glider....)

That doesn't mean that gliders don't crash...

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q...ed=0CDcQsAQwBQ

two die in glider...
http://media.apnonline.com.au/img/ne...20908_t312.jpg

probably ran out of ...air?

It's not gliding, ...it's trying to crash.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
george[_2_]

On Jul 3, 11:22*am, The Starmaker wrote:
The Starmaker wrote:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q...ech=13ø=g3EuTJ...

two die in glider...http://media.apnonline.com.au/img/ne...r_crash_465x28...

probably ran out of ...air?

It's not gliding, ...it's trying to crash.

In the real world we dont use cotton wool.
There are dangers in anything worth doing.
And flying is certainly something well worth doing !.