Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

Old July 16th, 2010, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Wingnut[_2_]

Default Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:41:41 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

The Starmaker writes:

Come onnn already, ...you can feel 'fear of falling' in a "secure
place?" like "inside an airplane??"

A fear of falling usually presents when a person is confronted with
railings, open edges, etc.--anything that might conceivably permit him
to fall.

I got a new idea for a gory horror movie! Complete with tagline!

Troll vs. Troll ... whoever wins, we lose.
Old July 16th, 2010, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
The Starmaker

The Starmaker writes:

Come onnn already, ...you can feel 'fear of falling' in a "secure
place?" like "inside an airplane??"

A fear of falling usually presents when a person is confronted with
railings, open edges, etc.--anything that might conceivably permit him
to fall.

I got a new idea for a gory horror movie! Complete with tagline!

Troll vs. Troll ... whoever wins, we lose.

Just in case nobody knows...people have a fear of falling because
once everyone lived on trees like monkies, if you fall asleep on a tree, ....

I thought 'wingnut' mean, somebody who is 'nutz' about...wings.

Why give yourself a handle with the word "nut" in it? What else is people
suppose to think?

Have you've ever seen a ...UFO?

The Starmaker

I don't get a chance to look 'up' all the time, but you guys
are 'up there'...you should've seen sometin by now...
Old July 16th, 2010, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
george[_2_]

On Jul 17, 6:41*am, The Starmaker wrote:

Have you've ever seen a ...UFO?

Not the question to ask any pilot...
How many unidentified flying objects do we see in the circuit..
Hey, look at the Taylorcraft.
Nope that's a J1.

Rubbish, its a Colt..
Nope, its an unidentified flying object
Old July 16th, 2010, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
The Starmaker

george wrote:

On Jul 17, 6:41 am, The Starmaker wrote:

Have you've ever seen a ...UFO?

Not the question to ask any pilot...

I 'question' the "unquestionable"..

The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable, to think the
unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge the unchallengeable.
Old July 17th, 2010, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Wingnut[_2_]

The Starmaker writes:

Come onnn already, ...you can feel 'fear of falling' in a "secure
place?" like "inside an airplane??"

A fear of falling usually presents when a person is confronted with
railings, open edges, etc.--anything that might conceivably permit
him to fall.

I got a new idea for a gory horror movie! Complete with tagline!

Troll vs. Troll ... whoever wins, we lose.

Just in case nobody knows...people have a fear of falling because once
everyone lived on trees like monkies, if you fall asleep on a tree, ....

I thought 'wingnut' mean, somebody who is 'nutz' about...wings.

Nope!

Why give yourself a handle with the word "nut" in it? What else is
people suppose to think?

Little shiny fasteners like in that link I posted.

Have you've ever seen a ...UFO?

A few times. Close inspection usually revealed them to be hot air
balloons or airplanes of fairly mundane kinds, though once it was an
actual jet fighter overflying the area for some reason. I am fairly sure
the remaining unidentified ones were also fairly mundane.
Old July 17th, 2010, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Wingnut[_2_]

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:46:39 -0700, The Starmaker wrote:

The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable, to
think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge the
unchallengeable.

Er, WTF? It looks like "The Starmaker" just said something that actually
makes sense.

Perhaps he should alert his internet provider that somebody's hijacked
his account.
Old July 17th, 2010, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
The Starmaker

The Starmaker writes:

Come onnn already, ...you can feel 'fear of falling' in a "secure
place?" like "inside an airplane??"

A fear of falling usually presents when a person is confronted with
railings, open edges, etc.--anything that might conceivably permit
him to fall.

I got a new idea for a gory horror movie! Complete with tagline!

Troll vs. Troll ... whoever wins, we lose.

Just in case nobody knows...people have a fear of falling because once
everyone lived on trees like monkies, if you fall asleep on a tree, ....

I thought 'wingnut' mean, somebody who is 'nutz' about...wings.

Nope!

Why give yourself a handle with the word "nut" in it? What else is
people suppose to think?

Little shiny fasteners like in that link I posted.

You tell any girl you're a 'wingnut', she woun't be thinking of "Little shiny fasteners"...

Have you've ever seen a ...UFO?

A few times. Close inspection usually revealed them to be hot air
balloons or airplanes of fairly mundane kinds, though once it was an
actual jet fighter overflying the area for some reason. I am fairly sure
the remaining unidentified ones were also fairly mundane.

By UFO, I meant...a Flying Saucer.

Have you've ever seen a flying saucer?

A UFO is a flying saucer.
If you do a Google image search for UFO...you get
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

flying saucers.

Not balloons, not airplanes, but flying saucers.

You're up in the air more than anybody else, don't tell me you've never seen a 'flying saucers'!
http://www.google.com/images?q=ufo&h...EfRNsSdpddZOM:

Don't tell me a wingnut never seen a flying saucer.

The Starmaker
Old July 17th, 2010, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
The Starmaker

Wingnut wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:46:39 -0700, The Starmaker wrote:

The Starmaker -- To question the unquestionable, ask the unaskable, to
think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge the
unchallengeable.

Er, WTF? It looks like "The Starmaker" just said something that actually
makes sense.

Perhaps he should alert his internet provider that somebody's hijacked
his account.

Hijacked? Do you have fears somebody is going to highjack your plane? Is that why you
lock your doors??

I think the interesting Twilight Zones are the ones that take place in a plane...

Nightmare At 20,000 Feet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7yJl2mUN2U

There seems to be 'a lot' of "Twilight Zones" TV episodes that involved...airplanes.

That's strange...

In fact, my favorite TZ all involved...flying machines.

You got the guy goes up in the air and
comes back in another Parallel Universe..
and the two suns with people waiting for a flying machine
to take them home...and the flying machine that crashes
with twin crew members..all one hour TZ shows..

and what about all those airplane crashing movies and TV shows?

Did you ever have sex with the airline stewardess?

On the plane? The bathroom, the cockpit??..

The Starmaker
Old July 18th, 2010, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Blue

On Jun 16, 9:19*am, "Clarence do we have clearance?"
wrote:
Maybe he shouldn't have had the fish. *Thank goodness Karen Black was
working the flight!

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...dant-helps-pil...
Flight attendant helps pilot land plane
June 15, 2010

A flight attendant who has a pilot's license replaced an ill first officer
during a landing at O'Hare International Airport, officials said today.

The co-pilot of an American Airlines plane that departed San Francisco on
Monday fell sick en route to Chicago, said American spokeswoman Mary
Frances Fagan.

"He was unable to continue his duties and he moved to the passenger cabin,"
Fagan said, adding that the flight's captain checked to see whether any
off-duty airline pilots were on board the flight.

A female flight attendant advised the captain that she is a commercial
pilot and the captain asked her to sit in the right-hand seat in the
cockpit, Fagan said.

"The flight attendant became the first officer on landing," she said. "The
cockpit crew did an outstanding job handling the situation."

The flight attendant helped the captain by reading off check list of
procedures and she handled other tasks, in addition to providing a second
set of eyes in the cockpit, Fagan said.

The plane, a Boeing 767 with 225 passengers and seven crew members on
board, arrived at O'Hare at 4:24 p.m. Monday. The landing was normal,
officials said.

The condition of the ill first officer was not serious, officials said. He
was met on the ground at O'Hare by paramedics and transported to a local
hospital, where he was treated and released.

The first officer was based in Chicago. He was resting on Tuesday,
officials said.

How 'bout them emergency brakes!
Old July 18th, 2010, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,rec.arts.movies.past-films,rec.arts.tv,alt.gossip.celebrities
Ala

"The Starmaker" wrote in message

There seems to be 'a lot' of "Twilight Zones" TV episodes that
involved...airplanes.

That's strange...

In fact, my favorite TZ all involved...flying machines.

You got the guy goes up in the air and
comes back in another Parallel Universe..
and the two suns with people waiting for a flying machine
to take them home...and the flying machine that crashes
with twin crew members..all one hour TZ shows..

and what about all those airplane crashing movies and TV shows?

Did you ever have sex with the airline stewardess?

probably just watched a mammal cousin do it