Tour de France tour company info on-line

Old November 19th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles

Default Tour de France tour company info on-line

I've compiled a list of companies doing trips to the Tour de France. It can
be found at-

www.ChainReaction.com/francetdftourcompanies.htm

At this time not all of the companies have complete information on their
sites; it appears that many are holding back for a bit, not sure whether
Lance Armstrong will ride it again and what affect that might have on people
making the trip. That's really unfortunate, because the Tour de France is
about much more than just Lance, and it could be a lot more enjoyable time
if things were a bit less crowded (as they were prior to the past two TDFs).

If anyone knows of companies doing tours that I haven't listed, please let
me know and I'll include them.

Thanks-

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
IMBA, BikesBelong, NBDA member

Old November 19th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Jan

Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles wrote:
I've compiled a list of companies doing trips to the Tour de France.
It can be found at-

www.ChainReaction.com/francetdftourcompanies.htm

At this time not all of the companies have complete information on
their sites; it appears that many are holding back for a bit, not
sure whether Lance Armstrong will ride it again and what affect that
might have on people making the trip. That's really unfortunate,
because the Tour de France is about much more than just Lance, and it
could be a lot more enjoyable time if things were a bit less crowded
(as they were prior to the past two TDFs).

If anyone knows of companies doing tours that I haven't listed,
please let me know and I'll include them.

Thanks-

Jeez , if the Customers are true cycling fans then it doesn't (or
shouldn't ) matter who rides.
Look at how exciting the Giro and Vuelta were this year.

Jan

Old November 19th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles

Jeez , if the Customers are true cycling fans then it doesn't (or
shouldn't ) matter who rides.
Look at how exciting the Giro and Vuelta were this year.

Exactly! But there are an awful lot of people that Lance brought into the
sport, many of whom have become real fans of cycling, and many other who
remain fascinated by Lance and little else. I think cycling as a whole still
comes out ahead, as a lot of Americans have, indeed, discovered bicycle
racing in a major way... Americans who, if not for Lance, would rather be
watching Bass fishing or Bullfighting or whatever else OLN is showing these
days.

Old November 20th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles wrote:
Jeez , if the Customers are true cycling fans then it doesn't (or
shouldn't ) matter who rides.
Look at how exciting the Giro and Vuelta were this year.

Exactly! But there are an awful lot of people that Lance brought into the
sport, many of whom have become real fans of cycling, and many other who
remain fascinated by Lance and little else. I think cycling as a whole still
comes out ahead, as a lot of Americans have, indeed, discovered bicycle
racing in a major way... Americans who, if not for Lance, would rather be
watching Bass fishing or Bullfighting or whatever else OLN is showing these
days.

Time for them to deepen their understanding then.

Go here, buy this:

http://www.thetourbaby.com/

Learn a few names other than Lance Armstrong, and help Lance's
foundation at the same time.

--Blair
"Fignon's in there!"
Old November 20th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Bill Baka

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 05:41:45 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

[...]

Did you guys have the same reaction as I did watching the TdF? I watched
the edited coverage each day and then went out and rode like hell. It got
me in the mood for some serious riding. Football and basketball I don't
even watch because I would rather be riding. I used to fish but now I
can't sit still that long waiting for a fish to disturb me. The only
reason I have to get into a boat is to row it and get some upper body
workout.

--
Bill (not always politically correct) Baka
Old November 21st, 2004, 01:13 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Bill Baka wrote:
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 05:41:45 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:
http://www.thetourbaby.com/

Again, I recommend this. It's indie filmmaking at its
finest. The rough edges are overmatched by the surprises
and exhilerations. Hey; kinda like my daily ride.

"Fignon's in there!"

Oh, and a video of a still of Eddy Merckx.

And lots of George Hincapie, who, if I were a chick,
I'd probably get a little wet over. But I'm not, so
let's just say the copious coverage of the Podium honeys
makes up for it. (There, have I tiled the plane on that
advertising trope?)

Did you guys have the same reaction as I did watching the TdF? I watched

I started pedalling the couch just watching this DVD.

the edited coverage each day and then went out and rode like hell. It got
me in the mood for some serious riding. Football and basketball I don't
even watch because I would rather be riding.

They don't play football at 7 a.m., or I'd be one of those, too.

I used to fish but now I
can't sit still that long waiting for a fish to disturb me. The only
reason I have to get into a boat is to row it and get some upper body
workout.

....like a bicyclist needs a fish...

--Blair
"Still working on the setup..."