insunrace

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 5th, 2008, 06:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default insunrace

wrote in message
On Jan 4, 10:18 pm, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:
wrote in message

So pray tell, are
there any such items and - if so - what are some specific examples?

good god don't answer the question....

the next thing you know, he is going to ask you to go the supermarket
and send scans of th labels to prove it to be true...

then he is going to want to know step by step how you got to the
supermarket......

Well, guess what, folks - here's Chuckie. Still trying to figure out the
difference between public and private/non-public phone numbers, are you
now
Chuckie? Haven't heard from you on this particular issue/question at
all,
at all, at all. And, of course, so you are still ducking this
issue/question - stuck as you are in the Alvin Toda mantra of "usage
determines meaning" as per your own personal and so very unique - you not
being able to reference any kind of standard dictionary definition - use
of
"public."

Quack, quack!

no, I;m not realy trying to figure it out.....

I am tyring to figure out why you cant grasp the concept of a number,
which is avialable to everyone, but can only be found by those who
know where to look....

in theory, any number which is written down and listed in any sort of
directory, which a person can access, without a password or interior
knowledge, is public....

sorry if that isnt the dictionary definition, but sometimes you have
to think outside the box, and use your own common sense.....

What a nicely done recap of the Alvin Toda "usage determines meaning" mantra
in avoiding/ducking the issue - never mind standard dictionary definitions
of a word...the word means exactly what Chuckie wants it to mean, no more
and no less. As Carroll said -

"When *I* use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone, "it
means just I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you *can* make words mean so many
different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Quack, quack!