Monthly temperatures Salar de Uyuni

Old March 29th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Joran

Default Monthly temperatures Salar de Uyuni

Hi,

We are considering to organize an expedition throug the Salar de Uyuni
next year. I am looking for the monthly temperature figures in the
salar. Can anyone provide me (links to) this data or (to) other
usefull info?

Thanks in advance!

joran
Old March 30th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Arto Rasimus

We are considering to organize an expedition throug the Salar de Uyuni
next year. I am looking for the monthly temperature figures in the
salar. Can anyone provide me (links to) this data or (to) other
usefull info?

In which month are you going?
When I was there in November, it was about +20C on daytime, -10C on night.

Arto Rasimus

PS. In Sucre I have a flat for rent...

Old March 31st, 2004, 10:30 AM
Joran

Hi Arto,

The month we are going depends on the temperature, wind and rainfal.
Therefore I need all the information I can get on these subjects.

We want to go in a period that is not to cold at night and not to hot
during daytime. Further we do need wind for this expedition.

Joran

Old April 1st, 2004, 10:21 AM
Arto Rasimus

I don't have the monthly data, but you can get some idea of the
weather forecasts. Here link to Uyuni weather:
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/BL...?force_units=1

We want to go in a period that is not to cold at night and not to hot
during daytime. Further we do need wind for this expedition.

(first I couldn't believe you...)
Would you tell me, why is it so exact?

Arto

Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:15 PM
Joran

It is so exact, because we are organizing an expedition with various
physical challenges (mountain climbing (the vulcano), kiting and
sleeping in the open air in the Salar). THerefore we are looking for a
period without extreme (hot, cold) weatherconditions and we need as
much information as we can get, to decide what is the most suitable
period for the expedition.

Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:46 PM
Jokertje

Joran wrote:
It is so exact, because we are organizing an expedition with various
physical challenges (mountain climbing (the vulcano), kiting and
sleeping in the open air in the Salar). THerefore we are looking for a
period without extreme (hot, cold) weatherconditions and we need as
much information as we can get, to decide what is the most suitable
period for the expedition.

Joran

"Arto Rasimus" wrote in message ...

I don't have the monthly data, but you can get some idea of the
weather forecasts. Here link to Uyuni weather:
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/BL...?force_units=1

We want to go in a period that is not to cold at night and not to hot
during daytime. Further we do need wind for this expedition.

(first I couldn't believe you...)
Would you tell me, why is it so exact?

Arto

Sleeping in the open air?? You mean in a tent I hope. It gets minus 10
at night are lower, so you need either accomodation or good mountain
gear. Kiting at the salar?? Ok you can do that if there is wind. Dont
know why you want to kite there stead of at home, but i probably have a
good reason. Remeber the wet season (although not really wet, the salt
lake can be cvovereed with water.
In their winter temp drops to minus 20 degrees celsius, in their summers
to minus 10, depending on where u are in the area. I would go there in
March or April.

Old April 4th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Joran

I mean in a tent in the open air indeed. So not directly in the open
air. Thanks for the information! It will help us a lot with our
preparations.

Regards
Joran

Old April 5th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Arto Rasimus

I mean in a tent in the open air indeed. So not directly in the open
air. Thanks for the information! It will help us a lot with our
preparations.

Okay! Good then!
"Feliz viaje!"