Passenger missed cruise

Old May 30th, 2011, 09:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

Default Passenger missed cruise

On Mon, 30 May 2011 08:33:27 -0400, Charles wrote:

I have never called the cruise line first or even ever for a booking.
The cruise line is not going to give me the commission or any discount
for booking direct. The travel agents have given me stuff

Like that cute teddy bear in your window, Chuck? LOL
--
http://www.scroogle.org/gifs/evo16.gif
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Mon, 30 May 2011 08:02:19 -0400, Charles wrote:

First time cruisers are universally inexperienced.

Posters who make blanket statements are morons.
--
http://www.scroogle.org/gifs/evo16.gif
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Sat, 28 May 2011 17:20:45 -0500, Stu wrote:

And

*SHADDUP*
--
http://www.scroogle.org/gifs/evo16.gif
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 5/30/11 1:22 PM, Thumper wrote:
On Sun, 29 May 2011 23:50:31 -0400,
wrote:

Charles wrote:
In , Patricia
Martin wrote:

Word. Plus, the article doesn't make it clear whether they were
flying on the same day -- only says two flights were delayed. NEVER
fly on the same day. Never never never.

A good travel agent would have suggested that that they fly in a day
early.

One doesn't need a travel agent at all if one takes the initiative to
research what they're doing. You make it sound like first time cruisers
are universally stupid, and I disagree. Sure some want and need someone
else to hold their wee hand every inch of the way, but I sure wasn't
like that!

You don't need someone else to change your oil either., but many
people prefer it.
Thumper

Terrible analogy. If you change your oil you save the labor. If you
book with the cruise line, the cruise line still charges you for the
labor. True they save paying the travel agent a commission... so
instead THEY keep it. But as the person with the credit card, check, or
money... YOU still pay the commission whether it goes to a TA or the
cruise line.

And the cruise line sure as hell won't call you if there's a price drop.
But many good travel agents will. Some even have software that gives
them a price drop alert.

--Tom
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Thumper

On Mon, 30 May 2011 16:11:55 -0400, Tom K
wrote:

On 5/30/11 1:22 PM, Thumper wrote:
On Sun, 29 May 2011 23:50:31 -0400,
wrote:

Charles wrote:
In , Patricia
Martin wrote:

[...]

Nope the cruise line saves you the labor.
Thumper

Old May 30th, 2011, 10:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 5/30/11 4:25 PM, Thumper wrote:

You don't need someone else to change your oil either., but many
people prefer it.
Thumper

Terrible analogy. If you change your oil you save the labor. If you
book with the cruise line, the cruise line still charges you for the
labor. True they save paying the travel agent a commission... so
instead THEY keep it. But as the person with the credit card, check, or
money... YOU still pay the commission whether it goes to a TA or the
cruise line.

Nope the cruise line saves you the labor.
Thumper

Wrong. Check your facts.

Old May 30th, 2011, 10:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Thumper

On Mon, 30 May 2011 17:13:32 -0400, Tom K
wrote:

On 5/30/11 4:25 PM, Thumper wrote:

You don't need someone else to change your oil either., but many
people prefer it.
Thumper

Terrible analogy. If you change your oil you save the labor. If you
book with the cruise line, the cruise line still charges you for the
labor. True they save paying the travel agent a commission... so
instead THEY keep it. But as the person with the credit card, check, or
money... YOU still pay the commission whether it goes to a TA or the
cruise line.

Nope the cruise line saves you the labor.
Thumper

Wrong. Check your facts.

I meant to say the agent saves you the labor.
Thumper