Brooklyn Welcomes Cruise Ships!

Old April 15th, 2005, 11:40 PM
E.k.R.

"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message
Right now, Ernie, they ball is so far in their court they are making hay
while the sun shines. And will continue to up prices, squeeze expenses
until the pax stop increasing bookings.

Exactly! And I recall reading many posts on r.t.c. about people actually
looking forward to Carnival taking over Princess and getting bigger and
bigger. Huge mistake IMO.

Meanwhile, Carnival profits soar and soar. Great for Micky and the large
stockholders.

Ernie

Old April 16th, 2005, 12:10 AM
number6

E.k.R. wrote:
Nothing like getting car jacked on your way to drop off luggage for

that
special QM2 crossing!

Sometimes I think Carnival has their head up their ass. I wonder

sometimes
if they ever consider the impact some of their decisions have on the
customer, rather than just the bottom line.

Ernie

When I played soccer we played against a team at Red Hook field ...We
would park our cars next to the police cars assigned there to make sure
we survived ...
The area has gone downhill since ...

Old April 16th, 2005, 12:19 AM
FeAudrey

You're not going to miss the Statue of Liberty; it's right opposite Red
Hook.

--
Visit my Iron Age Pages for technical and fun stuff (holiday specials,
too)!

Old April 16th, 2005, 12:40 AM
number6

FeAudrey wrote:
You're not going to miss the Statue of Liberty; it's right opposite

Red
Hook.

Not exactly ... the Statue is somewhat north west from Red Hook...
You'll sail south and already be past it ...

Has anyone read if the garbage transfer station will still be in
operation there ... ???

Old April 16th, 2005, 12:42 AM
clint

Big problem, the Hudson is so polluted, it often catches fire(not very
romantic) haha
"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:51:13 GMT, Karen Segboer wrote:

Posting to myself, LOL. Maybe the ships could feature a champagne sunset
sailaway around the island, up the Hudson, turnaround and back out, kinda
like a grand version of the Circle Line or whatever it's called?!

A very good idea, but would Carnival Corp. bite, added fuel costs and
all that?

Easy. The will sell a SOL excursion.

Old April 16th, 2005, 01:09 AM
number6

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:51:13 GMT, Karen Segboer wrote:

Posting to myself, LOL. Maybe the ships could feature a champagne

sunset
sailaway around the island, up the Hudson, turnaround and back out,

kinda
like a grand version of the Circle Line or whatever it's called?!

A very good idea, but would Carnival Corp. bite, added fuel costs

and
all that?

Easy. The will sell a SOL excursion.

I had to reread that to recall that SOL could also stand for Statue of
Liberty instead of the normal connotation ... reflecting most
excursions ...

Old April 16th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

number6 wrote:

FeAudrey wrote:

You're not going to miss the Statue of Liberty; it's right opposite

Red

Hook.

Not exactly ... the Statue is somewhat north west from Red Hook...
You'll sail south and already be past it ...

Has anyone read if the garbage transfer station will still be in
operation there ... ???

I lived very close to the garbage transfer station in Staten Island,
didn't know there was one in Red Hook.

sue
Old April 16th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Surfer E2468

Going out of red hook is like sailing from philadelphia,would have to
think several times about sailing from either one,do not want to take a
risk that big

Old April 16th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Surfer E2468

It was a sad day when carnival took over princess,found service has
dropped off considerably from the first class service you used to get,no
longer a thank you for their tips,or even a handshake.
surfer e2468

Old April 16th, 2005, 02:34 AM
clint

Your right. I was thinking of Cleveland(damned Smirnoff!) haha
"Karen Segboer" wrote in message
"clint" wrote:

Big problem, the Hudson is so polluted, it often catches fire(not very
romantic) haha

They cleaned that up, clint.