Avoid the Woodstock Inn, Station & Brewery!!!

Old July 29th, 2005, 10:56 PM

Default Avoid the Woodstock Inn, Station & Brewery!!!

Here is a little advice from guy who brought his wife there because he
thought it would be nice to do a little weekend get-away for her. I
found the Woodstock Inn, Station & Brewery located in North Woodstock,
NH and signed up for their "Romantic Getaway" package. "Champagne,
chocolates, flowers waiting for you when you arrive. Attention to
detail. Great accomodations." the add said. (I guess they don't offer
the chocolates any more.) I was hoping for a nice weekend away.

We got there and found out our room was across the street in their
Riverside building, not the one pictured on the website. The building
looked a little dumpy on the outside but I thought "as long as the room
is nice, its okay." We got into our room and guess what? No champange,
no chocolates and no flowers. Great. Some "attention to detail." But
what about the room?

"Great accomodations", right? NOT! The room was horrible. There were
stains on the ceiling, the carpet was dark and dingey and that had
stains on it, the furniture had marks and scratches all over them and
the woodwork. They tried to hide it by covering everything with tool
and lace. I sat down in one of their "antique" chairs and when I got up
the arm rest came off! They did the en suite bathroom over and it
looked like a junior high school kid had done it. Everything was a
"mickey mouse" job and even the wallpaper was peeling off. I went to
close one of the windows and one of the pieces of trim board fell off!
I was mortified!! And I felt so bad for her.

Well, the next morning I went to the front desk the next morning and
tell them that it wasn't there. They apologizes and said it would be
there tonight. Fine. We saw the sights, went shopping, etc and when we
came back to the room there was the champange (a cheap $10 bottle) and
the ONE flower.....no chocolates. When we checked out I told the
girl(17 years old?) that the chocolates were never placed in the room.
The unapologetic response was "oh. well, I can reimburse your bill?"
Great. No apology. Thanks for the effort. I got $3 taken off my bill.
What a bunch of cheap b@#tards!!

The only positive think I can say about the place is that the food and
the beer (brewed on site) were good. That's it. Please. PLEASE!! If you
want to have a good time and enjoy nice accomodations, the AVOID THIS
INN! As bed and breakfast (B&B) places go, this is the worst.

-- Joe