New Selection??

Old February 22nd, 2006, 01:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default New Selection??

Hello all,

I Am in the process of trying to get set up my cruise for next year. My
question is this, Raddison Navigator or similar for under seven (7)
days or so, no real 'formal' nights as it were, (which my partner
disdains, hates to get dressed up), can anyone suggest a similar or
better quality line and size or smaller ship which is a bit informal? I
looked at Silversea and they are very formal as well as Seabourn. Or do
they have a few sailings which are not? Please point me in the
direction of the font of knowledge and I will do the rest of it.

Thanks again for your input and asisstance.

Old February 22nd, 2006, 02:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Bo1953" wrote in news:1140616612.207402.25640
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Hello all,

I Am in the process of trying to get set up my cruise for next year.

My
question is this, Raddison Navigator or similar for under seven (7)
days or so, no real 'formal' nights as it were, (which my partner
disdains, hates to get dressed up), can anyone suggest a similar or
better quality line and size or smaller ship which is a bit informal?

looked at Silversea and they are very formal as well as Seabourn. Or

do
they have a few sailings which are not? Please point me in the
direction of the font of knowledge and I will do the rest of it.

Thanks again for your input and asisstance.

When you frame it like that Radisson just barely fits your criteria, if
you go to 14 days Oceania will be not as inclusive not the cabins as
big.but still small and informal with great food.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old February 22nd, 2006, 03:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Joseph Coulter wrote:
[...]

Thank you Joseph,

I think on sailings under seven nights, there are no formal nights, or
Am I incorrect on that point?

Using the service factor, size of cabin and amenities factors and to
the greatest degree possible, all-inclusive factor. Or Am I shooting
for a star which is not in sight yet and need to do Radisson?

Thank you again.

SS

Old February 22nd, 2006, 03:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On 22 Feb 2006 05:56:52 -0800, "Bo1953" wrote:

I Am in the process of trying to get set up my cruise for next year. My
question is this, Raddison Navigator or similar for under seven (7)
days or so, no real 'formal' nights as it were, (which my partner
disdains, hates to get dressed up), can anyone suggest a similar or
better quality line and size or smaller ship which is a bit informal?

Hi,

Some of Radisson cruises do not require formal nights and some do.
You might want to consult with your travel agent about SeaDream Yacht
Club. The dress is resort casual with no formal attire required.
Any more questions, just ask!

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old February 22nd, 2006, 03:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Follow this link for a few more ideas small ships some consider in the
luxury category:

http://smallshipcruises.com/luxuryships.shtml

I don't know which ones expect formal wear. I thought the Windstar sailings
were less formal....

Note, your idea of taking a short cruise may be an obstacle. There are far
fewer choices when you do not look at 7-night minimum.

Happy researching,

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX

Old February 24th, 2006, 10:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake Ray Goldenberg :

On 22 Feb 2006 05:56:52 -0800, "Bo1953" wrote:

I Am in the process of trying to get set up my cruise for next year. My
question is this, Raddison Navigator or similar for under seven (7)
days or so, no real 'formal' nights as it were, (which my partner
disdains, hates to get dressed up), can anyone suggest a similar or
better quality line and size or smaller ship which is a bit informal?

Hi,

Some of Radisson cruises do not require formal nights and some do.
You might want to consult with your travel agent about SeaDream Yacht
Club. The dress is resort casual with no formal attire required.

Except that most gents do wear a jacket with the shirt. It may be a
polo shirt, but they will usually have the jacket. "Casual" is a
relative term.

Any more questions, just ask!

--
dillon