What to do with 3 extra days in Kuala Lumpur?

Old November 29th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Joe Schmoe

Default What to do with 3 extra days in Kuala Lumpur?

Hello! I will be travelling to Kuala Lumpur and will arrive about 3-4
days earlier than I need to. Can anyone suggest some places to go and
things to do? I don't mind leaving the city and taking a bus to other
cities close to KL either. And can anyone recommend any good places
to stay in KL? I will arrive and leave via the airport from the 25th
of Dec until the 31st.

Thanks!

Old November 29th, 2003, 07:39 PM
Pan

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:09:39 +0800, Joe Schmoe wrote:

Hello! I will be travelling to Kuala Lumpur and will arrive about 3-4
days earlier than I need to. Can anyone suggest some places to go and
things to do?

[snip]

If you don't mind taking a ~3-hour bus trip, consider visiting Ipoh
and environs. Very pleasant city with some nice late 19th-/early
20th-century architecture, excellent Chinese and Indian food (I'd
figure the Malay food there is good, too, but I didn't have any while
I was there), and the surrounding countryside is dotted with beautiful
limestone cliffs with caves. Many of the caves have tongs (Chinese
temples) and sometimes Hindu temples in them, and there are buses that
go to them from Ipoh. It's still a fairly large city, but it has a
much more relaxed pace and ambiance than KL and reminds me a little of
what KL was like in the 1970s.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also posted.
Old December 1st, 2003, 03:35 AM
bob

3 extra days in KL?

Set your alarm to get up early, and if you're creative with time, you should
be able to squeeze in 5 meals a day. Well, that's what I'd do...

Bob

--

Travel and Astronomy Photos
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bomo