Bangkok Hotel with Wireless Internet

Old September 9th, 2008, 09:17 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai
DONOTREPLY

Default Bangkok Hotel with Wireless Internet

I need a Bangkok Hotel with Wireless Internet... secure, but no
luxury needed

any suggestions?

Blah blah / blurb / rant:
Cheap hotel but no backpacker, secure doors, no pilfering staff. Air
conditioner not really needed, I don't need a view although a balcony
(terrace with swimming pool:-) would be a bonus. Sex tourism is not my
thing, no need for a massage parlour or a gay bar with lots of pataya
girls. Peace and quietness is nice, but a little noise pollution is
fine as long as it isn't nerve wrecking. Long term stay (3 weeks) is
not out of the question if it is really nice.. I got work to do. There
must be tons of hotels/motels but I'd really like a personal
recommendation. The internet search is not fruitful, too many
advertising sites and not enough personal suggestions. Please help,
I'll send you a postcard if your suggestion is memorable for good
reasons!

I'll give back the good info and let you all know about my experiences
on this blog:
http://miscellaneous-sonstiges.blogs...-internet.html

thanks in advance!

Old September 9th, 2008, 10:34 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai
PeterL

On Sep 9, 1:17*pm, DONOTREPLY wrote:
I need a Bangkok Hotel with Wireless Internet... *secure, but no
luxury needed

any suggestions?

Why must it be wireless? Connecting through a wire is no good for
you?
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:43 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai
tim.....

"PeterL" wrote in message
On Sep 9, 1:17 pm, DONOTREPLY wrote:
I need a Bangkok Hotel with Wireless Internet... secure, but no
luxury needed

any suggestions?

Why must it be wireless? Connecting through a wire is no good for
you?

Perhaps it's different in Asia, but in most of Europe, hotels with 'wired'
connections are rare. It's usually wireless or nothing.

tim

Old September 9th, 2008, 11:13 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai
PeterL

On Sep 9, 2:43*pm, "tim....." wrote:
"PeterL" wrote in message

On Sep 9, 1:17 pm, DONOTREPLY wrote:

I need a Bangkok Hotel with Wireless Internet... secure, but no
luxury needed

any suggestions?

Why must it be wireless? *Connecting through a wire is no good for
you?

Perhaps it's different in Asia, but in most of Europe, hotels with 'wired'
connections are rare. *It's usually wireless or nothing.

tim

I don't know how rare it is, but we stayed in a hotel in Zurich and
one in Amsterdam this past spring and both have wired connections in
room.
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:50 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai
RussellT

"DONOTREPLY" wrote in message
[...]

1. Go to http://wired-destinations.com/hotels...gkok/index.htm
2. Pick your hotel
4. Find the hotel's web page
3. Phone or email the hotel and ask if it is not clear

I think almost every hotel has something. Many have both. In the room,
wired, for an extra fee. Wireless in key areas such as lobby, pool, etc.
Some of those wireless are free and some cost. All the costs are very
reasonable. If that fails, most have a business area with a computer for
your use. And internet cafes are everywhere, allowing to check emails, etc.,
and some of these are quite large. In Bangkok, all the Starbucks I was in
have this wireless available, buying a time limited card for a small fee.

Old September 10th, 2008, 08:42 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai
the Fucking Boudha

the Landmark ?

On Sep 10, 5:50*am, "RussellT" wrote:
[...]

http://miscellaneous-sonstiges.blogs...gkok-hotel-wit...

thanks in advance!

1. Go tohttp://wired-destinations.com/hotels/Thailand/Bangkok/index.htm
2. Pick your hotel
4. Find the hotel's web page
3. Phone or email the hotel and ask if it is not clear

I think almost every hotel has something. Many have both. In the room,
wired, for an extra fee. Wireless in key areas such as lobby, pool, etc.
Some of those wireless are free and some cost. All the costs are very
reasonable. If that fails, most have a business area with a computer for
your use. And internet cafes are everywhere, allowing to check emails, etc.,
and some of these are quite large. In Bangkok, all the Starbucks I was in
have this wireless available, buying a time limited card for a small fee.- Hide quoted text -

Old September 10th, 2008, 10:23 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai
Markku Grönroos

"tim....." kirjoitti

"PeterL" wrote in message
On Sep 9, 1:17 pm, DONOTREPLY wrote:
I need a Bangkok Hotel with Wireless Internet... secure, but no
luxury needed

any suggestions?

Why must it be wireless? Connecting through a wire is no good for
you?

Perhaps it's different in Asia, but in most of Europe, hotels with 'wired'
connections are rare. It's usually wireless or nothing.

Perhaps along Wireless Road.......

Old September 10th, 2008, 02:11 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thai
Chris Blunt[_2_]

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:34:37 -0700 (PDT), PeterL
wrote:

On Sep 9, 1:17*pm, DONOTREPLY wrote:
I need a Bangkok Hotel with Wireless Internet... *secure, but no
luxury needed

any suggestions?

Why must it be wireless? Connecting through a wire is no good for
you?

That's no use if whatever device he's using doesn't have a LAN
connection. Most PDA's and Smartphones would probably have Wi-Fi only.

Chris