HELP - CARIBBEAN HONEYMOON SUGGESTIONS

Old July 29th, 2007, 01:19 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
[email protected]

Default HELP - CARIBBEAN HONEYMOON SUGGESTIONS

My fiancee and I want to honeymoon in the Caribbean between Christmas
and New Years, 2007. Neither of us have any Caribbean experience. My
ideal vacation would be a relaxing, adult-oriented (as in no screaming
kids), beach location..... crystal clear water, mountains in the
background, swinging from a hammock between palms, nothing more taxing
than some snorkling and drinking tropical drinks, not too "touristy",
all-inclusive would be great... any ideas? Please help... we're
totally confused... looking to spend $5,000 - $6,000 for 8 days from
Miami. Tanks!!!!

Old July 29th, 2007, 06:46 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Brian K[_1_]

On 7/28/2007 8:19 PM exclaimed:
My fiancee and I want to honeymoon in the Caribbean between Christmas
and New Years, 2007. Neither of us have any Caribbean experience. My
ideal vacation would be a relaxing, adult-oriented (as in no screaming
kids), beach location..... crystal clear water, mountains in the
background, swinging from a hammock between palms, nothing more taxing
than some snorkling and drinking tropical drinks, not too "touristy",
all-inclusive would be great... any ideas? Please help... we're
totally confused... looking to spend $5,000 - $6,000 for 8 days from
Miami. Tanks!!!!

You might want to look into any of the Sandals locations. They are
couples only (no children) All Inclusive resorts. Sandals Montego Bay
and Sandals Negrel are located in Jamaica. The average age at these AI
is between 21 - 38 on any given week. Sandals specialize in Weddings
and Honeymoons.

There are the mountains, hammocks, snorkeling, boat drinks and swim up
bar. There are semi-structured group activities if you want like water
volleyball. But you don't have to join in if you don't want to do so.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old July 29th, 2007, 07:07 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Nick and Judy

Sandals Whitehouse is very secluded and one of the newest Sandals resorts.
Top shelf liquor, food etc. You can join in with the pool partiers or relax
on the beach under a palm tree. Look on Trip Advisor and read the reviews .
We were there in September 2006. Sandals Negril was great when we were there
several years ago, but I've heard it needs a bit of updating. There are no
other hotels near it so you can walk for an hour on the beach off the main
property and won't run into a soul. Very, very nice place: our fave AI so
far.

"Brian K" wrote in message
nk.net...
On 7/28/2007 8:19 PM exclaimed:
[...]

Brian M. Kochera "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"

Old July 29th, 2007, 08:17 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
James Kaplan

Sandals are nice, but a bit boring compared to some others. Do
yourself a favor and look seriously at Couples Swept Away in Negril,
Jamaica or Couples Negril in Negril Jamaica. Check out
TripAdvisor.com and some reputable travel agents.

Don't let a TA uneducated about Jamacia convince you it is not a
wonderful place to go... it is fantastic for your criteria!

Have fun and grats!

Old July 29th, 2007, 10:53 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
janerene

Our daughter and son in law just got back from Whitehouse and loved it. She
said that the ocean is not sparkly and clear there as it is on the other
side of Jamaica, but if that's not a priority for you, sounds like that
would be a good place to go. Google it up. Their web page looks great.
Happy wedding and happy marriage!

"Nick and Judy" wrote in message
. net...
Sandals Whitehouse is very secluded and one of the newest Sandals resorts.
Top shelf liquor, food etc. You can join in with the pool partiers or
relax on the beach under a palm tree. Look on Trip Advisor and read the
reviews . We were there in September 2006. Sandals Negril was great when
we were there several years ago, but I've heard it needs a bit of
updating. There are no other hotels near it so you can walk for an hour on
the beach off the main property and won't run into a soul. Very, very
nice place: our fave AI so far.

"Brian K" wrote in message
nk.net...
On 7/28/2007 8:19 PM exclaimed:

Old July 30th, 2007, 10:53 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
TragikMagik

If you don't want touristy stay awat from "all-inclusive" resorts. Try
the island of Nevis for your honeymoon

The "Non-Tourist-Trap" Guide To Nevis, West Indies (Caribbean)
www.nevis1.com

Old July 31st, 2007, 12:32 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Tom Withycombe

In article , TragikMagik
writes
If you don't want touristy stay awat from "all-inclusive" resorts. Try
the island of Nevis for your honeymoon

The "Non-Tourist-Trap" Guide To Nevis, West Indies (Caribbean)
www.nevis1.com

Glad to hear a note of sense. The Caribbean islands (including Bahamas)
offer an amazing range of resorts and destinations ... small, intimate
and catering for all price ranges. Why someone should shut themselves
away in a large AI complex absolutely defeats me. But one man's meat is
another man's poison, I suppose.
Good luck!

Tom W.
--
Tom Withycombe
Dorset/UK

Old July 31st, 2007, 02:29 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
[email protected]

On Jul 31, 7:32 am, Tom Withycombe wrote:
In article , TragikMagik
writesIf you don't want touristy stay awat from "all-inclusive" resorts. Try
the island of Nevis for your honeymoon

The "Non-Tourist-Trap" Guide To Nevis, West Indies (Caribbean)

Why someone should shut themselves
away in a large AI complex absolutely defeats me. But one man's meat is
another man's poison, I suppose.

I think it depends on the destination. For instance, Jamaica or D.R.?
I'd only go AI, primarily, because I don't consider those to be
especially safe places for tourists to wander . But, I can't think of
anywhere else where I'd choose that as an option.

It's also about what you're looking for out of your vacation. It isn't
always about seeing, doing touching, experiencing the local flavors.
Sometimes, it's only about relaxing and doing nothing, if that's what
you choose.

AIs are good, if what you're looking for is nothing but rest and
relaxation, which is what it sounds like the OP is hoping for.
Especially after something as stressful (albeit joyous) as a wedding,
a week at an AI, not having to open a wallet, or think about what
something costs, or having to find a cab to get to a restaurant...it's
not a bad option. I've never heard great reports on AI food, but the
concept is ideal for vacationers looking to veg vs. vacationers
looking to get a taste and feel of the island they're visiting. It
doesn't really matter on what island an AI vacationer is, because the
vacation is not about the island per se. It's about having no plans,
no worries for a week - and in the OP's case, it's about having some
quality time with his/her new spouse.

I'd consider Aruba as a honeymoon option for the OP, but, alas, no
mountains to speak of - but almost guaranteed good weather. The Virgin
Islands would also be something to consider - U.S. or British. We'll
be checking out Barbados in a few months - I expect it'll be great,
but no first-hand knowledge yet.

Lee

Good luck!

Tom W.
--
Tom Withycombe
Dorset/UK

Old July 31st, 2007, 03:17 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Rita Daggett

wrote in message
ps.com...
My fiancee and I want to honeymoon in the Caribbean between Christmas
and New Years, 2007. Neither of us have any Caribbean experience. My
ideal vacation would be a relaxing, adult-oriented (as in no screaming
kids), beach location..... crystal clear water, mountains in the
background, swinging from a hammock between palms, nothing more taxing
than some snorkling and drinking tropical drinks, not too "touristy",
all-inclusive would be great... any ideas?

EastWinds in St Lucia would meet your criteria (dont know about price tho) -
see Tripadvisor.
Also Anse Chastenet St Lucia (more expensive than EastWinds) and there's
another expensive one in the south of the island whose name escapes me.
La source in Grenada might be another possibility - if its re-opened after
the hurricane damage.

--
Rita Daggett

Old August 1st, 2007, 02:19 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Brian K[_1_]

On 7/31/2007 7:32 AM Tom Withycombe exclaimed:
In article , TragikMagik
writes
If you don't want touristy stay awat from "all-inclusive" resorts. Try
the island of Nevis for your honeymoon

The "Non-Tourist-Trap" Guide To Nevis, West Indies (Caribbean)
www.nevis1.com

Glad to hear a note of sense. The Caribbean islands (including
Bahamas) offer an amazing range of resorts and destinations ... small,
intimate and catering for all price ranges. Why someone should shut
themselves away in a large AI complex absolutely defeats me. But one
man's meat is another man's poison, I suppose.
Good luck!

Tom W.

Don't forget the O.P. is looking for a Honeymoon spot and specifically
mentioned interest in an A.I. They want a place where they can kick
back, relax and not worry about where to get the next meal. A.I.
establishments which cater to newlyweds are just right for this.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera